October Bride on the Mariner

I am trying to garner information about getting married while on the Oct. 30th cruise (eastern)(2005). Actually, I will be getting re-married to my ex, so we don't need anything fancy! But...can anyone help me. I have no idea if this is expensive? The only people who will be with us is our best friends, so it is just the 4 of us. We do want to take advantage of the chapel, as we love to cruise, so we don't want to get married in St. Thomas.

Anyone who can share some wisdom will be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time............Sandi :confused:

Congratulations to you. You will need to contact Royal Romance (number on RCCL under Weddings). Unfortunatly, RR is the only coordinator that RCCL works with, so if you want to marry on the ship that is who you have to use. Some of the reviews you will see for them are not good, but . . .so far so good for me. I think they've been working on cleaning up their customer service.

With that said, they offer several packages and depending on your port the costs vary. Galveston TX runs $1400 - $1800. These prices include a lot of different things, but not Video or a Reception. Video can run an additional $750, depending on what is offered in your port. If you are only having 2 guests, skip the reception. I'm having 22 and still don't think the prices are fair or negotiable. Your package will include a small cake which I'm pretty sure you can share amoungst four people.

One thing to keep in mind is that the ship board weddings are set up for "white weddings." This is a second for both of us so we are trying to go casual as well. You can bring your own flowers, but they must be silk. You can also bring your own decorations, but they must be within reason.

If you choose this route, don't get frustrated with Royal Romance. They won't treat you like a "real" bride, and they won't work with you too much until about 2 months out from you wedding. They really start to pay attention to you at that point. They tell you they won't tell you what room or what time until 2 weeks prior. But, with a "subject to change" clause, I found out 2 months out. They also don't provide any pictures of anything. You'll have to do that research on your own. You'll find a lot here, some on www.theknot.com and just general web searches.

JMHO, but Robert with RR has been the biggest help to me. Some others have worked with him too and found him to be very helpful. I would think that the women would be more understanding, but not the case for me. Very busy company that has monopolized the market. I know all this sounds like a bad review, but I just want you to know what you're up against to avoid bridal tears and frustrations. Like I said, they seem to be cleaning up the CS act and so far so good for me.

Best Wishes and Good Luck to you. - Andrea

Andrea,

Thanks so much for all the information. It was very kind of you to take the time to type all that out for me!

I will heed your advice and begin the task. If it looks like it will be prohibitibly expensive, we probably won't do it; with that being said, we both love to cruise so it would be nice.

I think you have the IDEAL situation with 22 guests...what great fun!!!!!!! I bet these 22 people are pretty special, too. Because I am re-marrying the same man, can't expect alot of people to show up for ours! Like I said in my post, my best friend are her husband are booked on the cruise with us, and in the cabin next to ours. We go back to kindergarten, so its been a LONG, wonderful friendship. I can't think of anyone else I would rather be a witness for me! However, can't see a big bash after the ceremony if you know what I mean!

Thanks again, Andrea!

Sandi

If your going to get married in the chapel on the ship and in St. Thomas your wedding coordinator will be Cheryl...........she's the best!!!! She'll give you her e-mail address and you can ask her anything. My daughter got married on the ship last Oct. and it was fantastic........we had 20 guests........

Best of luck,

Sandy

check out the royal caribbean website...they post the prices. it depends what city you get married in. go to the section all about cruising, then weddings. i could cost as low as 1,000.

Archived