Thomson ancient wonders in may question

Hi doing this cruise on 21st May anyone got any idea`s what the wether in Turkey and Greece will be like at this time and also we fly home at around 16.00 on the Monday the ship berths at Marmaris at 6am seeing we have most of the day before our flight home with Thomson can we do a trip on that day or are we off ship coached to airport and hanging around at airport until our flight home thanks in advance :)

Thomson, unlike some cruise lines, do not turn you out at the crack of dawn. You can stay on board until the coach comes to take you to the airport. There are courtesy cabins you can use to freshen up or you can book a cabin until 4pm (I think) for about £35. There is usually a trip you can do. We did one in Corfu last year and booked a late cabin to have a snooze as our flight was very late.

Thank you Linda for fast reply:) will ask them about booking a late cabin and possibly doing the 3 hours trip for a turkish bath thats great x Weather in Turkey and Greece end of may anyone know :):cool:

I wouldn't bother trying to book a late cabin. We had the morning in Marmaris and walked into town early before it got busy, then back on board for lunch. The trip to the airport takes about 2 hours and you will probably leave before 14.00 so not as much time as you would think.:):)

Jan

Thank you Linda for fast reply:) will ask them about booking a late cabin and possibly doing the 3 hours trip for a turkish bath thats great x Weather in Turkey and Greece end of may anyone know :):cool:

alliballi

Both Turkey and Greece are fair size countries so weather will vary depending on what part your visiting.About week to 10 days prior to going punch in to google "weather in instanbul/weather in athens or wherever your going and you`ll get the forecast

Hi Jim, How's the weather up there? We have floods everywhere, even though we have a hose pipe ban:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's been lovely here today.:):) We sat in the garden in the sunshine this afternoon.:) Nice change.

Jan

I wouldn't bother trying to book a late cabin. We had the morning in Marmaris and walked into town early before it got busy, then back on board for lunch. The trip to the airport takes about 2 hours and you will probably leave before 14.00 so not as much time as you would think.:):)

Jan

We didn't bother on the Dream, because we were leaving the ship at 2pm, but on the Spirit, our flight was about 7pm, so we did an island tour in the morning, had some lunch, a snooze in the cabin until 4pm, then a snack before they picked us up at 5pm:)

Hi doing this cruise on 21st May anyone got any idea`s what the wether in Turkey and Greece will be like at this time and also we fly home at around 16.00 on the Monday the ship berths at Marmaris at 6am seeing we have most of the day before our flight home with Thomson can we do a trip on that day or are we off ship coached to airport and hanging around at airport until our flight home thanks in advance :)

You probably won't have an awful lot of time in Marmaris - if your flight leaves at 4, they will get you to the airport for about 1.30-2ish I should think and it's approx 1 1/2 - 2 hour transfer so you will probably have to leave the ship 12ish??

We have had some lovely holidays in Turkey (spent 3 consecutive years in Bitez, nr Bodrum for the last 2 weeks of May); have had some superb weather - certainly in the 20's and we even hit a heatwave one year we were there - it was so hot one day, we literally spent the whole day in the sea!! I remember 1 day overcast with rain out of the 6 weeks we have spent there but even then it was warm. The only time it cooled was in the evening - we took fleeces to wear but I can't remember wearing them much and we used to eat every night in the outside restaurants!

The only thing I would say going at that time of year is the sea hasn't warmed up too much so could be classed as coolish - but nothing like UK sea!!

Hi Jim, How's the weather up there? We have floods everywhere, even though we have a hose pipe ban:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi Linda

If you punch into google "weather in :D

Weathers been fine.The fried egg made an appearance yesterday afternoon, today its overcast but fair at the moment.

Archived