Marnier Cruise Planner-Need Dinner Menu and Family Activties Advice! (Radio, Help!)

Many Thanks to Radio (4/05 Compasses) and GarnetJanet (9-11 Kids Compasses and Menus) in helping to do my day to day Mariner plan!

I did have a couple of questions:

Is the Lobster served on the Capt's gala Night or the Last Night? Radio, can you look at GarnetJanets menus and tell me if it's about the same now? (The ones she has are from last August)

http://community.webshots.com/album/178865765CwzzKz

What goes on at the Family Olympics on the last sea day?

Does the "Snowball" jackpot usually go to the afternoon session?

How soon can you walk off the ship with your own luggage in tow?

Anyone done the Hot Rocks Massage? How much is it?

I currently have Chops and the 9pm Ice Show on Wed, Portofinos on Thursday.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Jacquelyn :D

The menu's are almost the same....On one of the nights there is prime rib instead of Beef Wellington. The lobster is served on the second gala night.

There is no more Royal Ranch Steak.

You can walk off the ship as part of the Express Self Assist program at 7 AM.

There will be 5 Ice shows....You won't miss it...They are throughout the week !

Not sure about the snowball Jackpot or Family Olympics...

Radio

One of your pics in your albums has a close up side view of the ship "bump", I think you were in Labadee. If I am looking at it right, it is the side of the ship that has the 3 Owners suites rather than the Royal Suite. If it is, then my cabin 9320 can be seen! :)

DId you have to let anyone know you wanted to do the Express Self Assist? The purser or cabin steward?

Thanks again for the "live" posts, pics and information. BTW, when is your next cruise adventure?

You don't need to let anyone know you are doing the express disembarkation. Just don't put your luggage outside your cabin on your last night.

We took our bags off ourselves, and we were in a cab by 7:20. It was wonderful. Our car was parked at the Radisson. Cab fair was $9.25 (shuttles don't start to run until 8). Be aware of the cab drivers. I only had $20's on me, and when I asked for change, the driver didn't have any. I offered to go into the hotel to get change, but he told me he didn't have time. So, he took the $6 I had in one's. I think he thought I'd tip him $11. It's hard to have the right amount of change coming off a cruise that is cash free.

Did anyone else run into this problem. So, I guess I stiffed a cabbie without meaning too. Oh well, can't fix it now!:eek:

I'll remember to save a few small bills for the end!

My DH suggested that he take the cab over to the Radisson and pick up the van and bring it back for the luggage. That might work best for us both ways! And still cheaper than leaving it at the Port.

Any other advice on the Family activities all?

Thanks!

According to other posters you can elect to NOT leave your luggage out for pick up on the last night of the cruise. You are responsible for wheeling or taking it off yourself. This can be done as soon as the ship is cleared after docking into port. You by-pass the "Call by Color" lines.

You take the luggage off with you at 7am. You don't have to wait for them to announce a color. They will announce "express self assist" as soon as the ship clears customs. You will be responsible for carrying your own luggage off. It worked out great, there wasn't a long line at customs or immigration. The whole process took 20 minutes.

We too had a long drive ahead of us, (24 hours) and wanted to be on the road ASAP. Everything worked out GREAT!!!

You take the luggage off with you at 7am. You don't have to wait for them to announce a color. They will announce "express self assist" as soon as the ship clears customs. You will be responsible for carrying your own luggage off. It worked out great, there wasn't a long line at customs or immigration. The whole process took 20 minutes.

We too had a long drive ahead of us, (24 hours) and wanted to be on the road ASAP. Everything worked out GREAT!!!

The process for me took only 10 min.....I was the 4th one in line.....I got in the line at 6:40am.

Radio

;) ;)

Archived