past guest vs early saver

I've read here on CC that you can book PG and later on (when the plans are more set in stone) change to ES.

As my next Carnival cruise is in 2014, that is what I'll be doing... (PG being about $120 total more expensive at this point).

I've read here on CC that you can book PG and later on (when the plans are more set in stone) change to ES.

As my next Carnival cruise is in 2014, that is what I'll be doing... (PG being about $120 total more expensive at this point).

I have done that.

OP: keep in mind the restrictions of Early Saver though. If you cancel at all, you lose $50 of the deposit, and the remainder stays as a future credit. Past Guest you can cancel up until final payment time without a penalty. I always do Early Saver, lost my $50 twice, but I still come out ahead based on the savings in fares on the other cruises.

Yes, you can book PG, then switch to ES later, when you will then be locked in with the ES "rules". We have done that before. We typically always book ES these days though because we are certain of our dates, etc. Just make sure you know the restrictions & rules for each booking type... so there are no surprises.

We have booked both, but found that ES works better for us. We are always sure of our vacation dates, etc.

With this upcoming cruise we got a very nice OBC to use on the cruise for booking ES.

Archived