Just back from Victory!!!

daynab

We just got back from our Victroy cruise. we had a great time. I just submitted my review to the review section but it will take some time to post. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. But be assured she is a great ship with great staff.

Going through severe post cruise depression and laundry overload.LOL.

Dayna

Daynab,

Cant wait to read your review! We leave on the Victory Sunday. You did western caribbean right? That is what we are doing. How was the onboard entertainment? Last year they had a great band that played called Azz Izz they played during the evenings. Are they still there?

Hi Dayna

Glad you had a good time. How was embarkation ETC. If you see my thread titled Brits in need of help, I have lots of questions there that you may be able to help with. Where was your cabin, were you able to get sunbeds ok, or did you need to put towels out?

Also Dayna, how was the tender process as far as getting back on ship from Grand Cayman? There will be 5 or 6 ships in port when I am there. Trying to figure out how soon to start back to avoid hours of waiting.

Hi I just got back from the Victory Western Caribbean...and I had an awesome time...I also relaxed...I personally didnt have a hard time with the tenders...I got on as soon as I went down in the morning without line hold up...I did an island tour then on my way back didnt have a hard time or waiting in line...I got on in a matter of minutes...before I got to Grand Cayman I thought it was going to be a hassel...but thank god it was smooth...any other questions feel free to ask...I will be happy to answer any questions..

And Dayab who did u travel with...and what deck were u on

Information!! we needs da information !!! How were the beaches? Was the weather kind? How was the service? Tell us anything , we are all Ears!!

We take the Victory May 8th .. bout 6 days .. if you would be so kind please fill us in on the good stuff and the stuff to avoid .. perty please! ;)

The weather was kind to us. We only had a few showers in Grand Cayman, but it broke up the heat a little and didn't ruin one bit of our Stingray city trip. The tender process was very smooth. Last year we had to get tickets on the Triumph to tender but this year we just went down to the gangway and were off the ship in 5 minutes. We got back from our tour at 2:30 and waited only about 15 minutes to get on a tender.

We did have to get up early to find chairs. We were up for breakfast by 7:30 and found chairs easily by 8am. Kids were in camp by 9 and we had some nice time in the sun to read and relax. we had a cabin on panorama deck Cat 8E. Loved the baclony. we were with 2 other families. And we had a fantastic time. Like I said in my review the nightlife is ok. The music was decent from all the bands but the disco was a little light most nights and the piano bar was very smokey. But we had fun, the drinks were good and the beers were cold.

The ports of call were great. Cin cozumel we did Paradise beach....Great as usual. In Grand Cayman we went with Nativeway for Reef, Rays and Rum Point...Fantasitc, and in Jamaica we went with Peat Taylor... His son Oniel was our guide... Fun, funny and informative.

The service on the ship was good. Somethings were not taken care of as they should but oh well... my new philosophy is no problem mon. Words to live by.

to anyone going on the Victory, have no worries, she is a beautiful ship with good staff and great food. Just have fun, you're going on vacation!!!

Dayna

The 2 musicals were Legends of the seas and Vroom. The main singers though were not great at all. My husband couldn't stand the female singer named Penny. She would have been pleasant to listen to if she didn't scream the whole time. The dancers were great and the song choices were wnoderful, but the talent was so so. the comdeians were very enjoyable though.

I really think they need to change the shows as most repeat cruisers have seen them more than once.

Dayna

I have to agree about the female singer.... her voice grated on my ears too. I was surprised that they only had ONE main female and ONE main male singer. Princess shows feature quite a few singers.... if memory serves me.

One piece of advice to all women, especially, who want to wear pretty little camisole tops or nice sleeveless outfits: You will freeze. Guaranteed. That was the coldest ship I have ever been on, and it kept my friend and me from attending a few comedy shows we wanted to see. The lower level of the Caribbean Lounge was like a fridge! Brrrrr....... And, it wasn't just that room.... it was areas of the Mediterranean Cafe, some public areas, and even our aft balcony cabin was too cold most of the time. We even tried to turn our AC waaayyy down, but it still pumped out the cold air. We found ourselves opening the balcony door to get the room to a tolerable temperature, then we'd close it again.

Anyway, that's my advice to the ladies. I suppose there were cold men too, but I didn't see them walking around hugging themselves to get warm! LOL!

I didn't mind the green decor at all, and actually I found many things I liked better on Carnival than with Princess. I also found that Princess does many things, IMO, better. I would sail with Carnival again..... It's nice to have a choice, isn't it?

Anyone cruising on the Victory should have a wonderful time..... just take something to stay warm!

I wore a fewcami tops and found that it was chilly in some of the areas and more comfortable in others. I picked up one white and one black pashmina in the gift shop for 10 dollas eachandkept me pretty cozy.

Dayna

Hi Daynab...We are cuising the victory this sunday and We have never been on a cruise. Are the margaritia and slushy drinks good. Alot of places that have margaritias they seem to taste like a lot of syrup and sugar.

did not go to the shows.....so cant help you folks there.

Had an aft wraparound balcony on empress...next time I will go for just an aft. We were continually pelted by falling ice cream, spoons at 2AM, cig. butts, and also a joint or two... :O

I liked the extra room, but with the two of us, did not really need it.

Deck chairs not a problem unless you want to sit RIGHT beside the pool. We always found PLENTY that were not pool side.

Bartenders at aft pool bar were excellent......LOVED THEM !! Remembered our name on second drink and there after.

Ship was cold except for last night.

Was curious about two things which I did find to be true......LONG lines at the buffet and burger line at times. And sewage smell...I said NO WAY, but yes way. We sleep with balcony door open, and last three nights had some kinda smell around late at night. At first I blamed poor DH for it... LOL

Slots treated me quite kindly, walked away a small winner, not so for DH though.

Was curious about two things which I did find to be true......LONG lines at the buffet and burger line at times. And sewage smell...I said NO WAY, but yes way. We sleep with balcony door open, and last three nights had some kinda smell around late at night. At first I blamed poor DH for it... LOL

Did you experience the sewage smell anywhere else on the ship or just late at night when the balcony door was open??

wee wee hours of the AM, and I did not get up to check and see if it was anywhere else, so cant be of much help there.

Also we found propping the balcony door open with a book was a much easier way to go then the bungee cord route. Book fits right in the crack, keeps the door open, and no cord to block your way one way or another.

The sewage smell seemed to come from the aft of the ship. We had no smell up front. I noticed it mostly in one of the public bathrooms in the aft on deck 5. The smell was horrible. everyone who walked in the door commented on it. And it truly was not a human smell.

Did not notice it anywhere else though.

Dayna

Oh, and our balcony door stayed opened when you pushed it all the way. We did not have to prop it open or use a bungee at all. I don't know if this is new but I found it a lot safer with my kids.

Dayna

Our cabin was an aft balcony on the Upper deck, and we never, ever smelled any sewage smell.

I don't recall ever smelling any at any point on the ship. A matter of good timing? Humnnn..... Anyway, I *did* notice a problem on the Caribbean Princess last year, so I know what you're talking about.

Archived