Great Carnival change boarding docs, great for singles :)

Yippeee !

I printed my boarding docs - funpass and luggage tags

and finally...finally....Carnival has made this sooo much better for singles

and/or anyone sharing with a "roommate" as opposed to a "family/spouse"

NEW!..Yipppeee.....you fill in your info and it is separate and private from the other person unless you choose to link it, and you can print your own docs and luggage tags without waiting for them, it now makes it clear ...when you set up the credit card you are clearly asked do you want to

have both parties use it or just you....it is really dummyproof with a drop down box

You can still "see" if/when your roommate has completed their online check in but IT NO LONGER KEEPS YOU WAITING ON THEM

It NO longer "shares" all the info between two "roommates"

FINALLY CARNIVAL REALIZES NOT EVERYONE IS TWO BY TWO..

Before....we had to wait...and wait for our "roommate" to fill in everything

at Carnival's site...if your roommate was technically challenged you had to just board without the fun pass and get the porters to tag your bags

:Fill it in for each other? you say?? well not everyone wants their friend/roommate to know their birthdate, credit card number, passport number, family contact numbers etc....so back to square one

Before....it was very confused and confusing how the onboard account was set up....too easy to :link: them...which means I have to go to front desk and unlink etc..or do it online back and forth..

Before...if you did fill in your info it was all available to your "roommate"...sometimes a friend, but not that close...or sometimes you may not know them or know them well...this was very awkward

This really makes it a LOT easier for friends to cruise together, keeps it simple, and stops the hassle of going to the desk to unlink accounts and lets us board easily even if roommate can't figure it out

Good deal Carnival...thanks

I agree....they have made it much better! However, I think it has been this way for a while because last year when I sailed the Valor (May 2011) with a friend what you are describing was my experience then. It was very easy and in the end, after we both had our info complete, we also had the option of printing just one boarding pass for the both of us or a separate one for each of us. I printed just the one because we were arriving at the ship together but sometimes that is not the case and it was nice to see that we had the option.

I agree....they have made it much better! However, I think it has been this way for a while because last year when I sailed the Valor (May 2011) with a friend what you are describing was my experience then. It was very easy and in the end, after we both had our info complete, we also had the option of printing just one boarding pass for the both of us or a separate one for each of us. I printed just the one because we were arriving at the ship together but sometimes that is not the case and it was nice to see that we had the option.

You must have been in the first group to have this feature, I have not been on Carnival in a little over a year, and my last time we had the "old" way

which was pretty awkward

Now...if only they would only transfer the FCC funds to the correct person in the cabin (me) LOL>> that is another stickler

It just is nice to not have to wait ..and wait..for the 2nd person in the cabin to fill in their info..and sometimes when they did they would "print it all" and what a mess LOL

I was just so pleased to see the new easier method thanks :D

unless you sail the ark.

then there will always an assumption to be made.

talk about confusing. i sailed once as a single after booking as a triple, and it just seemed to confuse the hell out of them.

You must have been in the first group to have this feature, I have not been on Carnival in a little over a year, and my last time we had the "old" way

which was pretty awkward

Now...if only they would only transfer the FCC funds to the correct person in the cabin (me) LOL>> that is another stickler

It just is nice to not have to wait ..and wait..for the 2nd person in the cabin to fill in their info..and sometimes when they did they would "print it all" and what a mess LOL

I was just so pleased to see the new easier method thanks :D

FYI....when I sailed last May in addition to the new filling out of info online .....my FCC was on MY account only. It showed up on my S&S account which was secured with my credit card. My friend was the main booking on the cabin but my FCC was applied to my account not his. So hopefully this will work out how you want it this time as well!!

FYI....when I sailed last May in addition to the new filling out of info online .....my FCC was on MY account only. It showed up on my S&S account which was secured with my credit card. My friend was the main booking on the cabin but my FCC was applied to my account not his. So hopefully this will work out how you want it this time as well!!

Thanks Liza....I really hope that will be the case :) !!

Thanks Liza....I really hope that will be the case :) !!

The really funny thing about this was that I actually wanted the FCC to appear on his account! He had put the whole cruise on his credit card and we were factoring my FCC as part of my payment to him. When I saw that it was on my account I stopped at the Pursers Desk to get them to switch it. It was told that I would have to come back with the credit cards and they would have to ....blah, blah, blah....you get the point...just to much trouble to switch it to him so I just wrote him a check and called it a day!

Archived