Help...over the door thingie?

Nisi

My cabin-mate and I both had our own shoe-organizers (not used for shoes, though) and filled up each pocket with stuff that would have probably been buried under other stuff had we kept that stuff in drawers or on the counters. In other words, it made our cabin a lot, make that a heck of a lot neater than it would have been.

We hung ours on the outside of our respective closet doors. It was not difficult to get around, even with each pocket filled up. As a matter of fact, it was so much nicer to have them outside the closet, because I could get things I needed without having to open the closet if my friend was asleep. I always woke up before her, and got ready without waking her.

Our cabin steward, Gustavo, nodded in approval when he saw them! :D

We took one on the advice of people here - but never had to use it. There was more than enough room in the medicine cabinet for all of our "stuff". If our "stuff" was to tall for the medicine cabinet, we just left it on the edge of the sink - plenty of room.

Ok...so the impression I'm getting is that the people with larger parties (3 or more) will probably need the organizer more than the people who only have one travel companion. I guess there would be plenty of space for two, but once you get into 4 people sharing a room (as we will, and all women :eek: ), you tend to run into counter space problems. I've come to the conclusion that we will probably take one, it will most likely come in handy.

I took one of the clear ones with us last May on the Glory. I put it up but didn't need it. There was more than ample room in the bathroom and cabin for anything we needed. It was just DH and me at the time though. We will be going on the Truimph this May and taking our 19 y/o DD along. Because of her "stuff entourage", I will be taking the over the door thingie with us again....just in case.

Ok...so the impression I'm getting is that the people with larger parties (3 or more) will probably need the organizer more than the people who only have one travel companion. I guess there would be plenty of space for two, but once you get into 4 people sharing a room (as we will, and all women :eek: ), you tend to run into counter space problems. I've come to the conclusion that we will probably take one, it will most likely come in handy.

Correct- with two people there is more then enough space in the cabin for stuff-- But add that thrid person and for some reason space is at a premium.

Don't sweat it ~ I bought 2; one for each cabin and we forgot them at home. We had plenty of room. There is a huge corner cabinet in the cabin and this stored all of our luggage. There are two very large closets with shelves and plenty of smaller drawers. Also under the bed is a great place to stash your luggage after you unpack. DH and I still had plenty of room in our closets and shelves. Bathroom has a nice glass shelf above the sink for cosmetics, etc. We did have a hanging toiletry case for the bathroom door, but just for toothpaste, razors, toothbrushes, husband's stuff. I hate clutter and there was never anything "out" on the vanity in the room. The key is organizing when you unpack and knowing where you put things. There is a neat spot for your capers and your room key right next to the "desk" in your cabin.

Would it not also depend on which ship you will be on? I have heard the Conquest class ships have plenty of storage in the bathroom, but when we were on the Fantasy (several years ago) there wasn't a lot of storage in the bathroom. I'm taking one on the Zenith in December and since they fold flat, if I don't use it, it won't be taking up the extra space.

I took a clear one when DH and I cruised on the Miracle last month. We hung it on the inside of one of the closets. It worked out great. We probably could have done without it, but it was very convenient to have everything right there together.

Stephanie, yes, I think it does. When we cruised the Sensation, space was ample. We had to make sure everything was put away or in it's place and we were fine. When we cruised the Destiny, our cabin had so much space that we weren't using, I was storing stuff for people I didn't even know. :D LOL, jk

Archived