Vision Transatlantic

Need some advise here...We are booked on a cruise on Vision of the Seas for a Transatlantic cruise on April 17th. For the last two days the website is showing no availability. I had our TA call Royal Caribbean to check to see what was up, but got the usual run around saying to call back during business hours.

In your experience, does this mean that it was chartered? There is no way it has sold out... I can't think of any other reason to have it show not available.

Thanks for your help...

Nancy

I used to work on ships, and I have NEVER seen a transatlantic chartered out. I highly doubt that it is charter.

While it is extremely rare it HAS happened before. The Queen Mary 2 for instance was chartered out by a group back in 2006.

Thanks for the replies. We will have to see what they say tomorrow. I just wonder if they will reposition her to another place.

I did do a quick check on one of the big charter companies and found that they have chartered one of the celebrity ships for a transatlantic.

As of today, they are still not showing any available cabins.

Nancy

Archived