Info about transportation from London, Heathrow or Gatwick to Southampton

To whoever may be looking for transport from London, Heathrow, or Gatwick into Southampton, we just arrived at Southampton having used the services of DJC Private Hire and it was excellent. They were on time, actually a bit early, great vehicle, great driver, friendly, informative, courteous, and excellent prices.

http://www.djcprivatehire.co.uk/

We will use them again for the return trip in two weeks after our Caribbean Princess cruise and will report back again

I also have a chap to recommend...his name is darren...but I didnt know you could outright post the contact here...always thought it would be removed...

will leave my email....you can email me for the contact and then you would have something to compare...

ahoymatey1athotmaildotcom

If nothing else you are spoilt for choce for private car operators.

Just wanted to make the point that the going rate for any reliable private car should be around £100 for Heathrow - Southampton, £150 Gatwick or a Central London hotel.

Many of the companies are small near one man bands so may have given excellent service for an individual jourmey but have messed other people up through not being able to adapt to delays in flights, road congestion delays impacting from other jobs.

There are train and bus public transport option alternatives which can be a fraction of the cost

Archived