TIpping

I totally understand what you are saying but we cannot control what business owners do or do not do.As far as a restaurant/bar perspective they should charge the 18% gratuity to everyone just like the big parties ( they charge that because the server(s) that usually get the parties of ten or more dont get tipped right (or fairly) because everyones trying to figure their share of the bill!!

there are alot of countries that tipping is not a custom and I understand that.Americans know better!!

I, and many others, wouldn't eat there. If I saw an auto gratuity of 18% I would walk out the door and not look back. I refuse to tip anyone Before service.

I never feel the need to ask for a raise im Union;)

Myself not saying everyone who is in the service industry makes my own destiny .

Im great at what I do and have met many great patrons/friends over the years

These people working on a ship have no chance to win you over /get great service with the attitude of ...i will tip what I see fit IF I repeat IF service is abovee and beyond what I have aready paid.Then add the they are rich in their home countries attitude. Disgusting to me. sorry agree to disagree

Sorry, but when did paying for a service stop being enough? What is my cruise fare paying for? Does it not get me what it says on the brochure? Meals and lodging? And if so, shouldn't who I tip and how much I tip be left to me to choose?

Do you simply tip for the sake of tipping? No matter what the service? What's the point of that?

Ok Mike. Next time you feel like you deserve a raise, instead of asking your boss just tell him to remind patrons at the bar to tip you more.

That makes perfect sense to me ;)

Tipped employees don't always get raises...in some cases, if you depend on tips it is because you are paid minimum wage and only when minimum wage is increased do you get a raise. In this case it has nothing to do with your boss.

Nevermind, from your posts I can see you have no clue what it's like to work a service job.

Tipped employees don't always get raises...in some cases, if you depend on tips it is because you are paid minimum wage and only when minimum wage is increased do you get a raise. In this case it has nothing to do with your boss.

Nevermind, from your posts I can see you have no clue what it's like to work a service job.

Actually, if the price of food or drinks increases, you theoretically get a raise.

in carnivals instance, they did. they raised the daily suggestion by 15¢ each to the dining staff (and if now three, 10¢ each), and 20¢ to the room steward. how nice, right?

and a whole dollar ($1) to some black hole.

Clearly you didn't see enough from my posts Halo. I have a degree in hospitality Management. I worked service industry jobs for 15 plus years.

When the new tipping rate was released, JH came out and said the reason why was because the staff deserve a raise. I agree they do, I just happen to think Carnival should pay for it out of my cruise fare.

I, and many others, wouldn't eat there. If I saw an auto gratuity of 18% I would walk out the door and not look back. I refuse to tip anyone Before service.

Sorry the quote on this post is not from me. Not sure how you attribute it to me. You need to look back and see its a quot from someone else who was replying to something else i had said.

[

I totally understand what you are saying but we cannot control what business owners do or do not do.As far as a restaurant/bar perspective they should charge the 18% gratuity to everyone just like the big parties ( they charge that because the server(s) that usually get the parties of ten or more dont get tipped right (or fairly) because everyones trying to figure their share of the bill!!

there are alot of countries that tipping is not a custom and I understand that.Americans know better!!

How did you steal my comment. If you look back at your post, you should edit it. Go back to your first reply to my quote and edit please. I have repared it here. This is your quote.

How did you steal my comment. If you look back at your post, you should edit it.

every quote being copied has double [ quotes ].

i deleted mikel24m below, and left it the wrong way above.

How did you steal my comment. If you look back at your post, you should edit it.

Dave I agree with you. This is not my quote. As a matter of fact I just did that in a place called Calente in San Pedro, Belize, They had a 18% gratuity printed on the front. So I went somewhere else.

Dave I agree with you. This is not my quote. As a matter of fact I just did that in a place called Calente in San Pedro, Belize, They had a 18% gratuity printed on the front. So I went somewhere else.

thats awesome you wanted to eat but didnt want to tip the staff .Move on then!! the staff appreciated you leaving im sure!!!

wish I could say or do that

thats awesome you wanted to eat but didnt want to tip the staff .Move on then!! the staff appreciated you leaving im sure!!!

wish I could say or do that

I doubt they would appreciate me leaving. I would certainly tip more than 18% if I got good service. I just refuse to do so before I am served.

See you just assume I don't tip or I am poor tipper. I hope you don't judge your customers this way too.

I doubt they would appreciate me leaving. I would certainly tip more than 18% if I got good service. I just refuse to do so before I am served.

See you just assume I don't tip or I am poor tipper. I hope you don't judge your customers this way too.

I judge character and am 99% correct

I do not assume your a bad tipper or dont tip but by statements made I can tell

I also can judge customers as well.The ones who ask whats the specials,can you hook me up,its my birthday,can you put more vodka its all juice,can I have a glass of water,someone spilled my drink can i have a free one...it goes on and on and on

I am going to write a book at some point :)

CHEAP simply said.is what it is

I also can judge customers as well.The ones who ask whats the specials,can you hook me up,its my birthday,can you put more vodka its all juice,can I have a glass of water,someone spilled my drink can i have a free one...it goes on and on and on

then you certainly have a plethora of case studies on the brand ambassadors facebook page.

How are you doing it BEFORE you are served? You pay it when you pay your bill at the END of the meal. I'm sure if your service wasn't at least acceptable you could talk to management & have the tip adjusted, sort of like when you're on board the ship & go to guest services to remove your tips..

How are you doing it BEFORE you are served? You pay it when you pay your bill at the END of the meal. I'm sure if your service wasn't at least acceptable you could talk to management & have the tip adjusted, sort of like when you're on board the ship & go to guest services to remove your tips..

I DON'T MEAN TO TALK FOR HIM, BUT IT'S AGREEING TO AN 18% CHARGE BEFORE EVEN SEEING ANY SERVICE REDERED.

caps off.

then you certainly have a plethora of case studies on the brand ambassadors facebook page.

can say i do not belong to facebook

I do encourage people to buy stocks tomorrow if one can afford

I can not but will be watching the crazyness(sp)..I know im not a secretary or english teacher

but a former daytrader I am

CHEAP simply said.is what it is

I have been on 2 cruises...I have never removed auto tips from either trip. I didn't know about it on the first one and my DW wouldn't let me on the second. I worked in the service industry for 16 years as I mentioned and I would say the average tip I leave is btn 20-25% depending on service.

but of course you won't believe me when I tell you all this...so why bother. You may want to adjust your 99% number however.

im certain the 18% was after you ate...applied to the bill(AND ARGUED about)LOL

I have been on 2 cruises...I have never removed auto tips from either trip. I didn't know about it on the first one and my DW wouldn't let me on the second. I worked in the service industry for 16 years as I mentioned and I would say the average tip I leave is btn 20-25% depending on service.

but of course you won't believe me when I tell you all this...so why bother. You may want to adjust your 99% number however.

so why the change of heart?

being on two cruises you should know service is almost always awesome

your DW wouldnt let you remove your second...Was service bad? or good :)

the staff works hard for seven days without a day off ,theres no overtime pay.They work like I work for my/our families

Just think about it from my perspective.I have thought about your perspective

This is like arguing with a child who keeps saying "I know you are but what am I"

yeah kinda like you ate and NOW EVERYTHING WAS TERRIBLE and i refuse to pay 18%

I wrote the book your reading :)

Archived