I'm lost... looking for connecting rooms on the Pride...

GAGirlinVA

I'm a newbie. *blush*

I read in another post that the Pride has some balconies that are connected to interior rooms (?)

I guess we are specifically considering this ship because it departs from Baltimore so we could save flights (times 7!)

I'm not quite sure what to look for on the deck plan or where to look? My kiddos will be too young to be in a room by themselves, and DH isn't too keen on the two of us sleeping separate on an anniversary vacation. *wink, wink*

Connecting cabins have a little triangular-shaped symbol on the wall between the cabins. Take a look at the example below. (Click on it and it will get bigger). 5106 and 5108 and 5105 and 5107 are connecting cabins in this example (The Upper deck on the Pride) with one being a balcony and one being an inside. It looks like the cabins in the same position on the Empress and Verandah decks are the same configuration.

846109602_ScreenShot2012-05-19at6_52_06PM.jpg.9b6f95e7e93656d5781ce0db76e3c1b9.jpg

If you look at the deck plans and zoom in, you will be able to see the little white triangles in between the connecting rooms. The ones you're referring to are (for example) 7106 (interior) and 7108 (balcony). Hope that helps!:)

the pride only has connecting balcony rooms. but on the 5th, 6th, and 7th deck they have the front two balcony rooms connect to interior rooms. 5th deck balcony room 5108 connects to interior room 5106. (this room is 15 feet from camp carnival) and also balcony room 5107 connects to interior room 5105. on the 6th deck balcony room 6112 connects to interior room 6108. also balcony room 6115 connects to interior room 6109. and on the 7th deck balcony room 7108 connects to interior room 7106. also balcony room 7107 connects to interior room 7105.

i have been on two cruises on the pride with my 2 young kids and both times had these types of connecting rooms and they are great. put the kids in the interior room and block the front door with the small table in the room. and you don't have to worry about them going on the balcony or outside without them coming into our room first.

these rooms go fast as there are only 6 that connect with interior rooms. hope this helps, if you have any questions i will keep an eye on the forum and try to answer them for you. :D

Is there an easier way to see if they are available without doing dummy bookings for each date?

Easiest way is to call Carnival~they have access to all cabins available that aren't showing online.

Agreed! GA, when you do a dummy booking, it will only show you 10 cabins in any particular category anyway, so the ones you're looking at may actually BE available, but not showing on the list. Only Carnival (or a TA) has access to all the available cabins.

Thank you! I was thinking, "Sheesh! These ships fill up quickly!" and starting to feel panicky!

We aren't quite ready to put down deposits for our 2013 trip but DH was starting to get a little panicky when we looked at room choices. LOL!

I think our big anniversary trip in 2014 isn't going to end up being a cruise. I will have one child too young to swim (due to still being in diapers, I'm currently expecting #5), etc and it just doesn't seem like a good fit for that year.

2013 is still looking good though. :) Adults only trip? Yes, please!

I'm a newbie. *blush*

I read in another post that the Pride has some balconies that are connected to interior rooms (?)

I guess we are specifically considering this ship because it departs from Baltimore so we could save flights (times 7!)

I'm not quite sure what to look for on the deck plan or where to look? My kiddos will be too young to be in a room by themselves, and DH isn't too keen on the two of us sleeping separate on an anniversary vacation. *wink, wink*

here is how you find connecting rooms

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/pride/left.htm

Thank you! I was thinking, "Sheesh! These ships fill up quickly!" and starting to feel panicky!

We aren't quite ready to put down deposits for our 2013 trip but DH was starting to get a little panicky when we looked at room choices. LOL!

I think our big anniversary trip in 2014 isn't going to end up being a cruise. I will have one child too young to swim (due to still being in diapers, I'm currently expecting #5), etc and it just doesn't seem like a good fit for that year.

2013 is still looking good though. :) Adults only trip? Yes, please!

You're expecting #5?!?! I would definitely do the Adults Only trip!;)

Good luck to you and your new arrival!:)

*wink, wink*

(I'm currently expecting #5

I hope you've made the connection between your first quoted words and your second quoted words. :D:D

What a great idea to get a connecting inside and a balcony for families.

You're expecting #5?!?! I would definitely do the Adults Only trip!;)

Good luck to you and your new arrival!:)

I hope you've made the connection between your first quoted words and your second quoted words. :D:D

What a great idea to get a connecting inside and a balcony for families.

Tee hee... after fertility treatments for #2 and adopting #3, #4 and #5 were pleasant surprises. :) I mean, obviously we knew it was a possibility but back when we were trying so hard for #2, we never imagined we'd be blessed with FIVE!

Tee hee... after fertility treatments for #2 and adopting #3, #4 and #5 were pleasant surprises. :) I mean, obviously we knew it was a possibility but back when we were trying so hard for #2, we never imagined we'd be blessed with FIVE!

Much happiness to you all! Thinking of my own 4 boys......Those were busy times....but oh how wonderful they were!

That's wonderful! All the best to you! The more the merrier;)

Much happiness to you all! Thinking of my own 4 boys......Those were busy times....but oh how wonderful they were!

Four boys. I tip my hat to you. We are expecting boy #3, giving me three boys, 3 and under this fall. LOL! If only I could bottle up their energy! The two boys currently keep me on my toes but are a blast. :)

That's wonderful! All the best to you! The more the merrier;)

Thank you. We love our crazy life.

Archived