Luggage Tags

rge

Hi Folks

We are on the Dream 6/9 Alaskan cruise and this is the first time we have done E-Tickets. Has anyone else cruised with E-Tickets and what is the process for luggage tags? Would appreciate your experiences.

Thanks

Hi Folks

We are on the Dream 6/9 Alaskan cruise and this is the first time we have done E-Tickets. Has anyone else cruised with E-Tickets and what is the process for luggage tags? Would appreciate your experiences.

Thanks

You get them at the pier :)

Most common tip posted here - pre-print a sheet of mailing lables - Name, Cabin #, Name of Ship, Date.

When you get to the pier just stick them on. Great for all your stuff in case it gets left behind on the ship or in port.

Thanks Shoreguy

Since we are on our own...no NCL air or transfer, who has the tags, the porter?

The porter should but if not they will direct you to the right place. I have not cruised out of Seattle but there should be a desk for pier pick-up docs that will check the your reservation and give you the tags.

Shoreguy:

Thanks for the great idea. What size labels? I don't want my labels to be too big or too small.

I used 1x4 Avery 8161 - bigger then a standard label plenty of room to spread out the info and make it easy to read.

Also for our less computer literate friends who don't know how to print labels (like me), you can use the preprinted address labels that you put on your letters and bills. I bring those with a fine point sharpie pen for the extra info and things go quite quickly that way!! ;)

I cruised aboard the Spirit last month and had E-tickets for the first time. However, my TA sent a bunch of Spirit luggage tags to me as well. I simply filled them out as I have done on previous cruises. So I'm guessing either regular tags are still available from NCL, or some travel agencies have them stock-piled. You might want to ask your TA.

Shoreguy,

This is my first time with e-tix as well. Does having to get your luggage tags at the pier mean another line to wait in? I will rethink e-tix in the future. Yes I got a great rate on the cabins, but I think I am losing a bit of the personal customer service I am accustomed to. I am sailing out of NY on May 22. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Shoreguy,

This is my first time with e-tix as well. Does having to get your luggage tags at the pier mean another line to wait in? I will rethink e-tix in the future. Yes I got a great rate on the cabins, but I think I am losing a bit of the personal customer service I am accustomed to. I am sailing out of NY on May 22. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No extra line :D If the porters don't have any there is a counter just inside the front door of the pier that is staffed to answer quick questions. They have tags.

WE just traveled on the 4/18/05 Dawan and also had E-tickets. I was initially concerned it would be a hassle however it was not.

The porter had the luggage tags for us. I had brought pre-printed address labels and just had to stick them on & write our cabinnumber on the tag. Quick & easy

Lisa

Archived