British Colonial Hilton Day Pass

leruskin

Quick Question...does anyone know what happens to the portion of the voucher not used? Does it go to the bartender?? I ask because I thought I read on one of the boards that it goes to the bartender? is this true?

Quick Question...does anyone know what happens to the portion of the voucher not used? Does it go to the bartender?? I ask because I thought I read on one of the boards that it goes to the bartender? is this true?

You can either sign it over to the bartender as a tip or lose it to the hotel coffers. Most of the time the bartender will ask you to sign off..

You won't get a refund.

So yeah they got a nice scam going on over there...We were there this weekend and had a $255 credit. I had to keep track of what everyone in our party had because they dont give you single vouchers and our tab was well over $200...i went to get the tab and the bartender Benedict said I was good just leave him a tip. So I gave him a $20 and was going to collect some from the other people and one of the the girls said he gets whats left on the voucher which was 38 bucks. Which was fine...but then when he called me over later to sign he only rang up $156 worth so basically I left him a $120 tip! He didn't even bother to tell me that...one of the other girls did AFTER I gave him my $20. That and he fudged the tab by $100 bucks!!

Hey leruskin, we are neighbors :D We are taking the Fantasy in Jan. How does the British Colonial Hilton Pass work? Whats all included? We are looking for a something other than taking a ship excursion or just hanging out at the market & senior frogs. Thanks

Hello Slingblade...we are...I live in Socastee! I never take ship tours, they are way too crowded and overpriced. We bought a pass online by putting down a 10 per person deposit with Island Marketing. I have used them before and they are legit. You pay 10 upfront and 40 when you get to the resort. They give you two vouchers (one for pool towels and one for the total amount of credits per your reservation 30 per person). You can use it for food and booze. The resort is very nice and relaxing. Not overcrowded and loud with kids. Our experience wasnt the greatest but it isnt swaying us from going back in December. The bartender was kinda rude and it took the other people I was with over 10 minutes to get drinks and again to place food orders. One waiter was very nice and the check in was easy and they were nice. I already got a response from the manager at the resort about my situation, so I am sure I just had a bad experience because all the reviews I read were that it was awesome...and it was...the service just sucked, but that wouldnt ruin my day!

There are other places in Nassau that have day passes that include food and drink (Breezes and RUI). Just search nassau day passes in the Bahamas thread.

I have been there several times if you have any other questions and also ScubaGirrl has always been a great help since I started using this website years ago.

Thanks! Our last visit to Nassau consisted of us sampling ALL the free shots at ALL the duty-free shops ending with a trip to Senior Frogs. Lets just say, it did NOT end very well. :D We will be going on the Fantasy in Jan for my Niece's 16th Birthday, im sure we will have a ball!!

I was at the BHC in October and thought the service was somewhat slow especially for a day where there wasn't a crowd on the beach. I figured it out afterwards when the server came to me as we were packing up to ask me to sign over the balance for his tip, about $25. We were 4 ladies so only spent about $95 of our $120 because it started to rain and the server came to us twice. The server didn't want us to spend the voucher, this way he got the balance left for his tip. Little did he know if he was good and kept coming over to bring us our drinks, he probably would have received a bigger tip :)

I did like the BHC. It was very relaxing but the service does need to improve, especially if they are running this scam.

You are right...we were 7 ladies on a cruise for my 35th and we would have drank all day if we didnt have to spend 10 minutes trying to get his attention to get a drink EVERY time someone when to the bar. It wasnt crowded last Friday either. I emailed Island Marketing and they passed my feedback on to BCH. I got an email from BCH that they will be addressing the issue with staff. Like I said, I plan on going back in December with the hopes that the service will be better because I liked the credit since I am a drinker and I like that they dont pack it out like a cruise tour.

Archived