Dolphin Swim- Need help

kennyo1

I will be on the Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans on July 1. I have done the dolphin excursion before in Cozumel, but never in the bahamas. The people we are going with definitely want to do a dolphin swim. The carnival excursion page lists a couple of different options varying in price. Has anyone done a dolphin swim in the bahamas( Freeport or Nassau)? When I booked the excursion in Cozumel, we booked outside of Carnival and saved quite a bit of money. Is it possible to do the same in Freepirt or Nassau?

I also noticed that the dolhin adventures at Atlantis are quite expensive. Is the experience any better? Is it just that you are paying an Atlantis Premium. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will be on the Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans on July 1. I have done the dolphin excursion before in Cozumel, but never in the bahamas. The people we are going with definitely want to do a dolphin swim. The carnival excursion page lists a couple of different options varying in price. Has anyone done a dolphin swim in the bahamas( Freeport or Nassau)? When I booked the excursion in Cozumel, we booked outside of Carnival and saved quite a bit of money. Is it possible to do the same in Freepirt or Nassau?

I also noticed that the dolhin adventures at Atlantis are quite expensive. Is the experience any better? Is it just that you are paying an Atlantis Premium. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blue Lagoon Dolphin excursions are generally regarded as a better experience.. and cheaper as well.

www.dolphinencounters.com

You may have an issue booking directly, as Carnival has an agreement with them. Check it out.

My wife and I did the dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon in 2010, not on a cruise ship and we had an outstadning time and experience with them.

From what I can remember it was less than $200 per person (want to say $180 maybe) to do the whole dolphin swim and foot push as well. Of course, pictures, video etc. are available afterwards for a price. It wasn't too expensive either. We bought some package deal that included 3 pictures and a DVD. Can't recall what we paid for it. But well worth the money to have that experience to take home with you.

This was a great experience for us and would do it again in a heart beat. I highly recomend this location if you can book it.

I second that! My husband and I crusied to Nassau just a few weeks ago and did the dolphin swim along with a day including lunch at Blue Lagoon and had a great time! We too bought a picture and dvd of the experience. I'd reccomend this spot to everyone :)

My husband and I just did the dolphin swim in Freeport at Unexso. I am still trying to process the complete awesomeness of the experience. I would recommend it to anyone!

~Grammatical errors? spelling mistakes? nonsensical sentences? Don't blame me, blame tapatalk! ~

My husband and I just did the dolphin swim in Freeport at Unexso. I am still trying to process the complete awesomeness of the experience. I would recommend it to anyone!

~Grammatical errors? spelling mistakes? nonsensical sentences? Don't blame me, blame tapatalk! ~

We are doing this excursion (close encounter tho, not swim). Do you take a bus or boat from the cruise port? How long is it to and from? Is there stuff to do around after the swim? Shopping? Etc?

They pick you up directly from the ship. I think it took us 20 minutes to get from the cruise terminal to Unexso. Des (the driver) kept us pretty occupied all the way there. Once you're all checked in, you are transported to the lagoon by boat, which took another twenty-ish minutes. After your encounter there is a pavilion with a lunch truck and a natural area with some tropical birds, and they invite you to walk around and take pics if you want (it rained for us, so all we wanted was to sit under the gazebo and not get wetter ), and back at Unexso there's a big gift shop, a huge pool and a bar/restaurant. I read that you can use the pool, but again there was that whole cold/ wet thing we had, so we didn't.

Thanks! Sounds great...cant wait!

We are doing that same excursion, the swim and if I remember from the roll call we are on the same ship/date! We are so excited about the Freeport Dolphin Swim, have read such great things about it, it sounds so fun!

We are doing that same excursion, the swim and if I remember from the roll call we are on the same ship/date! We are so excited about the Freeport Dolphin Swim, have read such great things about it, it sounds so fun!

You and your 5 friends....right? Yep! :) I think our departure time is around 11. We are only doing the encounter due to age restrictions. My oldest daughter and hubby did the swim in Cozumel and age was 5 and up, but this one is like 10. But at least this way all my girls can do it together!

You and your 5 friends....right? Yep! :) I think our departure time is around 11. We are only doing the encounter due to age restrictions. My oldest daughter and hubby did the swim in Cozumel and age was 5 and up, but this one is like 10. But at least this way all my girls can do it together!

Thats us! If my husband and son(3) were coming on cruise we would do the encounter too, but this is a girlfriends trip so we are doing the swim. We will be on the 11:30 departure! Its getting close now!

Booking directly looks quite a bit less expensive but requires a taxi to the pier. Does anyone know the approximate charge for that? Is it a big hassle not booking directly through a cruise line?

taxi from the pier to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal is $4 pp - plus $1 toll for the vehicle.. plus tip.

It's very easy to book independently... but check their cancellation policy before booking.

taxi from the pier to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal is $4 pp - plus $1 toll for the vehicle.. plus tip.

It's very easy to book independently... but check their cancellation policy before booking.

Excellent info! Thanks! Even with taxi fare it would still be a significant savings for my family of four.

Booking directly looks quite a bit less expensive but requires a taxi to the pier. Does anyone know the approximate charge for that? Is it a big hassle not booking directly through a cruise line?

If you are referring to Unexo, they have an agreement with Carnival and will not book you directly.

Archived