Concierge, Butler, Room Steward,

strype2

Ok I get the Concierge. Is the Butler in the suites the same as a room steward? Or in addition to the Butler do you get a room steward? I guess my question is who changes the sheets and cleans the room? :confused:

You have a room steward who cleans your cabin, etc. Your butler will check on the cabin steward, and refresh your coffee maker, as well as bring you snacks and whatever room service you order. He'll also expedite any issues you have with your cabin (maintenance, repairs, etc.). The easiest way to remember is the concierge does things for you, while your butler brings things to you.

You have a room steward who cleans your cabin, etc. Your butler will check on the cabin steward, and refresh your coffee maker, as well as bring you snacks and whatever room service you order. He'll also expedite any issues you have with your cabin (maintenance, repairs, etc.). The easiest way to remember is the concierge does things for you, while your butler brings things to you.

Your steward cleans your cabin. Your butler does almost everything else in the cabin. (room service, dvds, snacks, coffee maker). The concierge does everything outside the cabin (tender tickets, restaurant reservations).

Thank you so much for your info. No one ever mentions the room steward as coming with a suite so I am happy I asked. Boy oh boy are we going to be spoiled. :D

Yes, you will be spoiled. The problem is that you'll never want to go back to a regular cabin.

Thank you so much for your info. No one ever mentions the room steward as coming with a suite so I am happy I asked. Boy oh boy are we going to be spoiled. :D

Yes, you will :D Not only will you not want to cruise any other way, but you won't want to leave the ship at the end of the cruise......at least not without your butler, room steward and concierge :cool:

• 1 year later...

My first suite was on a 5 night. We gave our concierge $100 ($50 each) and our butler $150 ($75 each) Our Butler was much more attentive and we saw him a lot more, which is why we gave him more. A friend just had the opposite experience, and tipped the concierge more.

As was mentioned, tip according to how much you use them and what you use them for.

Archived