Is it my imagination or possibly just coincidence...

jebridan

Generally port charges are more for Western Caribbean cruises than Eastern Caribbean cruises. I seem to think it's because most of the Eastern Caribbean ports of call include many of the Virgin Islands, which are U.S. owned. Whether or not that has a factor on why more deals are advertised for Western, I wouldn't know. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm....lol

Can you please elaborate on your anwser? Because I seem to think that I am correct in saying that a Western itinerary is more expensive than an eastern itinerary because you are actually leaving the U.S. when you visit those ports. Supply and demand may have something to do with that, but the fact that you are actually leaving the United States Territories may play a factor in the cost. I would love to hear your "supply and demand" on this issue.

I see a lot of good deals for the western also ( we've done 3 of these) More ports have more ships that go in that directions than other ports, I figured there were more rooms to fill = better price. All the ports from Florida, New Orleans, Tx. Just my opinion.

Archived