Belize cave tubing: who to book?

SCcruiser123

We are a group of 60 year olds sailing on the Carnival Dream in January. We want to go cave tubing and are deciding between cavetubing.com and VIV tours. VIV has tubes with nice headrest and seats, but .com will carry your tubes thru the hot jungle trek and also provide a lunch following. Any thoughts?:)

I would suggest VIV. Went with them last Sept and they were great. Tubes so much higher quality than other competitors. These had a headrest and net under your but so you could set things. The competition was just your ordinary run of the mill black tubes. After taking the ride down the river without neck support, you will probably be sore.

Another thing we noticed, the VIV guides were very informative and stopped and told stories and related local history. During the trip out to the national park, they took the long way through town and showed us many of the historical buildings. Several times while walking to the launching off point, we were passed by ship tours or other operators hustling through the rain forest. They basically were pushing people through as fast as they could. We stopped and were shown the local fauna, wildlife, and neat little local tidbits.

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted a thread about Cave-tubing.com. They were wonderful. We were 1st time cruisers and didn't know who to book. But after reading alot of reviews we did choose Cavetubing.com. They had nice tubes and carried mine and our girls for us. We got awesome service from them. Plus if you get lunch through them..it's yummy! We put alot of money into a family cruise and if you're like us, you want everything to go smoothly. Which it did!:)

VIV tours is great. The guys carried tubes when we went, they had tubes for the women at the river so they did not have to carry them. VIV was the only company I saw with the "Cadillac" tubes as our guide called them.

.com is the only way we have ever cave-tubed and loved each trip. I have been 3 times and used them each time. You are transported on large air conditioned buses with information about the city and cultures as you drive. Once at the site the large group is broken down into smaller groups with a guide for each group. The tubes were large yellow ones - new when I was there in March. Though they do not have a headrest you ARE hooked to each other and do not need to have your feet under another persons arms. The guides do indeed carry the tubes for you as well as explain what the many different tree/plant types are that you see while hiking. They allow you to take your time while walking when necessary, always wanting to make sure you are ok. I may be using them again this August. Cave-tubing.com is a great group of guys. (the included lunch is great as well!)

We just returned from our cruise the first week in June and we used Nacho and Cynthia (NCQADVENTURETOURS.COM) for zip lining and cave tubing in Belize. We had a really great time and my MIL broke the record for the oldest person to zip line (74). She loved it and can't wait to go again. The day was first class all the way! The tubes for cave tubing are very comfortable with a bottom and headrest. Nacho and Cynthia's knowledge of Belize is amazing and he will entertain you both to and from the zip line and cave tubing destination. They are very accommodating and make sure to keep an eye on the time so you get back to the dock on time. Everyone in our family, from 15 to 74 can't stop talking about what a GREAT time we had with Nacho and Cynthia in Belize and can't wait to go back again.Make sure to provide Nacho with a phone number when making your reservations as he personally calls everyone to confirm.:D:D:D:D

P.S. We used a large company for the same excursion previously and had a HORRIBLE experience, so we HIGHLY recommend the personal attention of Nacho and Cynthia.

dotcom! I went with them in '09 and we had such a great time.....and I have the t-shirt to remember it by. They were SO much fun! The comfortable buses (we noticed that they were formerly owned by the City of Houston Transit Authority), history lesson, awesome entertainment of our guide, good food and free hazelnut wine on the trip back to the dock. I was most impressed with their quick response to my emails when booking and asking questions. I am recommending my family book them on our next cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

we used cave_tubing.com. DH has a heart problem and i had back troubles, The guide was wonderful at helpinjg us. he carried both tubes and when we started to fall behind he stayed with us and told us to take our time . It was like a personal tour guide. The food was wonderful. you are kind of linked together so you can rest your head on the person behind you's tube.

We got back about a month ago....We used David at cavetubingrus.com and he was great...

Resonable price, LONG tour with the caves.

He stopped at a local store, we were able to get some local food and he was really infromative about his country and very pasionate about what he does.

GREAT EXPERIENCE....

here is his email address

david@cavetubingrus.com

Archived