C&A -to whom does it apply?

I initially asked this question in a thread that provided such exciting information. I immediately felt bad (as it was probably not on topic) and realized I should have just asked this on my own.

Please stay with me - hopefully I can ask this as simply as possible.

I booked a cruise in my name. I paid for it. I am taking a passenger (my Mom!! Soooooooo excited!!! Love my mother! First big way to pay her back after all those years of her hard work!)

As far as C&A goes, I know I can enroll on what will be my first (but most certainly not my last) cruise with RCL.

However, can my mom also enroll? My confusion arises after reading several threads (new to posting here not new to reading CC) about how minors have obtained diamond status. My assumption is children are not paying for crusies (I could always be wrong). So do the loyalty points accumulation only apply to minors. Or to anyone who is a non paying passenger ? I'm assuming it's to everyone, but I have yet to read actual comments on details. For example, if a married couple travels together and one spouse is always listed as the main contact and pays in their name, do both achieve the same loyalty status? Does this change if it is family members but they are not married? (aka mother / daughter :-) ).

(well she's insisting on paying for excursions and drinks - I think I may have ended up with the better deal buying the room:-p Jk Jk)

Thank you for your time :-)

First off - hats off to you for paying for your mother's cruise.

Second - your mom is can also enroll in C&A after her first cruise, regardless of who paid for it.

Enjoy your time together as time with Mom is so sweet.

You get to enroll, mom gets to enroll...you both cruised, it doesn't matter who pays. If you live a different addresses, you will accrue points independently of one another. C & A appears to link people who are married, some who live at the same address, so that either one's cruise points are added to the others account and they share the status of the " highest status" cruiser. Minors accrue the points and status their parents have, and actual practice varies about what age that ends and if they maintain that status after they turn 18. There are policies but they are not consistently applied for minors coming of age.

Have fun on your cruise with your mom! I took mine on Jewel this winter and we had a ball!

First off - hats off to you for paying for your mother's cruise.

Second - your mom is can also enroll in C&A after her first cruise, regardless of who paid for it.

Enjoy your time together as time with Mom is so sweet.

Actually they can enroll with the Loyalty Ambassador during the first cruise.

Yes, I join Maggie on congratulating you for having your Mom join you on her first cruise, and it sounds like yours as well.

If my statement is fact, then you both can join C&A, after you have enjoyed your first cruise.

It's your second cruise, where you become a Gold Member of the C&A Society.

Are you someone under the age of 18, that is taking your Mom on her first cruise, as well as yours.........if I'm reading your post correctly.

Why are you bringing up the age of 18??

If you are under that age, and paying for your Mom and you to cruise, that is totally ligitimate, just a bit unusual, as it's the person that is making the money that is paying, and in this case, that may be you!!

Anyway, everything seems to be in order.......no matter whom is paying!

Enjoy your cruise, and come back and tell us all about it!!

Best of luck!!

Rick

Oh I am most definitley over 18 - my apologies for the confusion :-)

It was reading about minors obtaining diamond status (which is awesome!) that made me wonder if my mom could also sign up for C&A and whether she would gain loyalty points for this cruise. It had never occurred to me before. That's how it came up.

What great news! thank you all for the replies.

If my statement is fact, then you both can join C&A, after you have enjoyed your first cruise.

Rick

Rick, both mother and daughter can join C&A during their cruise with the Loyalty Ambassador. They do not have to wait until they have completed their cruise.

Archived