Dublin port

bbamacruiser

Could anyone tell me where Journey will dock in Dublin on its British Isles cruise this August? Will the smaller size of the ship make it possible to dock closer in to Dublin than the mega ships?

Hi Bbamacruiser,

Journey is currently scheduled to Dock at Dublin Port - Ocean Pier #33. Please keep in mind, that *all berthing assigments are subject to change*, as it's up to local port authorities.

Here's a link to a map from Bing.com :

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Bbamacruiser,

Journey is currently scheduled to Dock at Dublin Port - Ocean Pier #33. Please keep in mind, that *all berthing assigments are subject to change*, as it's up to local port authorities.

Here's a link to a map from Bing.com :

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

I'm copying this post from my roll call, where it has not been noticed, in hopes of getting more information here. Thanks in advance.

I think this question has already been asked, but I can't seem to locate the answer so here goes again. When we dock in Dublin, how near/far are we from the city center? Will there be a shuttle from the port to the city center? How much will it be, and how often will it run? Is is possible to get the HOHO bus anywhere near the port? Alternatively, does anyone know how much cab fare would cost? We want to see more of the city than just the morning tour. If we take the tour and stay in the city, what are the alternatives for getting to the HOHO or a similar tour, and also back to the ship? Thanks in advance. (This is for the 7/28 trip)

I'm copying this post from my roll call, where it has not been noticed, in hopes of getting more information here. Thanks in advance.

I think this question has already been asked, but I can't seem to locate the answer so here goes again. When we dock in Dublin, how near/far are we from the city center? Will there be a shuttle from the port to the city center? How much will it be, and how often will it run? Is is possible to get the HOHO bus anywhere near the port? Alternatively, does anyone know how much cab fare would cost? We want to see more of the city than just the morning tour. If we take the tour and stay in the city, what are the alternatives for getting to the HOHO or a similar tour, and also back to the ship? Thanks in advance. (This is for the 7/28 trip)

Hi Momcat,

I do not have this information. Have you visited this website ? http://www.dublintourist.com/ . There's a great deal of information on Dublin and the surrounding areas . I hope this website will be of assistance. Enjoy your Cruise !

Heres the stops on the Hop On Hop Off Bus. Unfortunately, none are close to the Port. Probably best to take the shuttle into the city (less than 10 minutes) and join the bus then. The nearest stop to the ship would be Abbey St/Lower OConnell St.

BEWARE... Dublin Port is probably the least attractive port there is. We sailed on the Journey from Dublin last August and they had complimentary Shuttle Buses then. A taxi to the city centre will cost about €10.

Dublin Tour Hop On - Hop Off

Discount of 15% when you book online.

The Dublin Tour has been carefully designed to give you the freedom to explore and experience the history and culture of Dublin at your leisure. We visit all the main Dublin attractions along our route and these include Dublin Zoo and Trinity College (home of the Book of Kells). Our entertaining Dublin tour guides, who are all accredited by Failte Ireland, will show you the city as only a native can. Your 2 day ticket allows you to hop on and off as often as you wish.

The tour operates daily from 9.00am and can be joined at any of 24 stops, each conveniently located near one of the most popular Dublin attractions. For example, you can join outside Trinity College, leave at the Guinness Storehouse (and sample the product!) and then re-join later. You could even start your Dublin tour in the afternoon and come back to see more the following morning. To enhance your enjoyment we have arranged discounts for you at a selection of the most popular attractions en route.

Click here to book this Dublin tour.

We offer both live and multilingual pre-recorded commentary. The multilingual commentary is in 10 languages and operates every 30 minutes. Your ticket is valid on both tours.

For private bookings contact info@dublinsightseeing.ie

Dublin Tour Highlights

• Entertaining Live Commentary - Failte Ireland Approved Guides.

• 24 convenient stops at Dublin's historic and cultural highlights.

• 2nd day free - Hop on - Hop off as often as you wish.

• Join anywhere along the route at the distinctive Green hop on hop off tour stops.

• Complimentary map/discounts off admission at certain attractions.

TOUR INFORMATION

Adult €18.00

Student & Senior Citizen €16.00

Child (5-U14 yrs) € 8.00

NOTE: 2 children under 14 years travel FREE

with 1 paying adult. Subsequent children travelling

must buy a ticket.

Children travelling for FREE do not need a ticket.

Duration - 1hr 30 mins (approx)

View Route Map

TIMETABLE

Dublin Bus Tour Timetable

9am 6.30pm – every 10-15 minutes

Last bus 6.30pm. Terminates at stop 24

Free Hotel Shuttle Bus

Dublin Bus Tour Exclusive Discounts

STOP NO. - PLACE OF INTEREST STOP NO. - PLACE OF INTEREST

Tour Starts Here - Cathal Brugha Street.

discounts at this stop

Guinness Storehouse - St James's Gate

discounts at this stop

Abbey Street - Lower O'Connell St

discounts at this stop

Museum of Modern Art - Royal Hospital Kilmainham.

discounts at this stop

Trinity College Dublin - College Green

discounts at this stop

Kilmainham Gaol - Old Kilmainham

discounts at this stop

Nassau Street - Nassau Street

discounts at this stop

Heuston Rail Station - St. John's Road

discounts at this stop

National Gallery. - Merrion Square West.

discounts at this stop

Dublin Zoo - Phoenix Park.

discounts at this stop

Government Buildings - Merrion Sq West.

discounts at this stop

Ryan's Victorian Bar - Parkgate Street.

discounts at this stop

St. Stephen's Green - Grafton Street.

discounts at this stop

National Museum - Collin's Barracks

discounts at this stop

Tourism Centre - Suffolk Street.

discounts at this stop

Old Jameson Distillery - Smithfield

discounts at this stop

Temple Bar - Dame Street.

discounts at this stop

The Four Courts - Ormond Quay

Dublin Castle - Cork Hill

discounts at this stop

Liffey River Cruise - Bachelors Walk

Christchurch / Dublinia - Christ Church Place.

discounts at this stop

Dublin Bus HQ Upper O'Connell

St Patrick's Cathedral - Patrick Street.

discounts at this stop

Writers Museum Parnell Square North

discounts at this stop

When we dock in Dublin, how near/far are we from the city center?
It is a 10 euro taxi ride to the Westbury Hotel right at the centre of the city on Grafton Street. Taxis are usually plentiful at the pier.

P.S. By the way, meow!

Hi Phbr & Meow,

Thanks very much for your outstanding information. I'm sure it will help Momcat and other Cruise Critic members with their planning.

Phbr and Meow!, thanks so much for your information. We are really looking forward to seeing Dublin. Andy, is it possible to verify whether there will be a shuttle available and if it will be free? Slainte!

I believe there were 2 or 3 different companies running buses. We took a HO-HO bus in Dublin a couple of years ago and it included a stop at Old Kilmainham Gaol.

Don't miss this, if possible. This turned out to be one of the most interesting places we visited. http://www.heritageireland.ie/en/dublin/kilmainhamgaol/

I'll second that.

Kilmainham Gaol is a really interesting tour and its particularly relevant with the centenary of the 1916 Easter Rising fast approaching. Its on the HOHO bus route

Archived