Beach recommendations

mccasey

Hi! We will be in Barbados off the Adventure of the Seas and am wondering which beach to go to.

We are basically looking for a great beautiful beach where we can rent beach chairs and lounge and swim. Preferrably the gorgeous white white soft sand. We don't really care much about snorkelling but it could be a bonus. A place to possibly buy lunch or frozen drinks would be nice but is not a must. It would be nice to go to somewhere close to the ship, or as close as possible. We are only 2 and don't want to spend $50 roundtrip just on cab fare.

What do you recommend?

On the south coast, I'm going to recommend Accra Beach.. not the hotel but the beach. There are several kiosks of food just off the beach, next to a nice beach facility with showers etc. I recommend De Rock beach bar. the beach is nice and wide (most of the time) and several people renting beach chairs and umbrellas. Further down the same stretch of beach (which isn't too long) is Sugar Reef. A resently reopend restaurant right on the beach. The food should be good (owned by one of the best catering families on the island) and it is again a nice place to hang out on the beach. The sea here can be rough, but in general is calm but on a good day you can still boogie board.

On the West coast, my favorite beach is Paynes Bay (at the Coach House..any taxi driver will know where that is). The beach seemed to be a little eroded away the last time I was there about 2 mths ago, but it's still a nice stretch of sandy beach. The Coach House restaurant has a beach food and beverage service, plus just down from there on the beach is another beach bar.. used to be called Bombas (not sure if thats still the name .. wasn't ever really impressed by this place. would prefer to order from Coach House). Chairs for rent.. not much snorkeling.. unless you like to look at mostly sand and some fish.. The water is usually calmer on this coast. The keyword is usually.. it can be rough depending on the weather.

have a great cruise and enjoy

Thanks! Do you know which side of the island the boat docks on (RCCL's Adventure of the Seas)?

And any idea of how much cab fare is to both from the boat?

Thanks!

The Port is on the south west corner of the island. Cost for a taxi should be about 10.00usd each way... I could be wrong, but thats what I'm showing posted.. and thats an approximate. Taxi fares are government controlled. You maybe able to work a deal with someone to take you and then pick you up at a certain time to go back to the port. This may work to your advantage.

have fun

Archived