Royal Promenade events on Independence?

My husband and I are about 97% sure we are booking a January '13 cruise on IOS for our late honeymoon... We are just doing more research to be extra-extra sure :)

I have heard a lot of great things about promenade state rooms, and I really like the idea of having some sort of view to something. On the cruise we are looking at, the price difference is very negligible between an interior room and the promenade room, so we are leaning towards the latter. However, the biggest complaint I've read on these boards about the promenade rooms is that some people have been disturbed by music or other events going on late at night. My question is... How late do these events even run? To us, 11pm isn't even bedtime. Usually midnight isn't even bedtime at home on work nights, let alone vacation(oh, how nice to be in our 20's :D)! Do these events really ever run to actually the wee hours of the morning like 2-3am, or not so much?

I do understand that there will be some amount of noise no matter where we go, and that there will always be SOME people on the royal promenade at all hours of the night. I am only even considering this as a potential problem IF the actual events go extremely late at night... Otherwise, honestly, we won't be asleep anyway. :)

And while we're on the topic, for anyone who has stayed in a promenade room on IOS(or I am guessing any of the same class of ships), are any promenade rooms better than others, location-wise? Different layout? Anything? If not, I guess I will arbitrarily pick!

Hi, We stayed in one when we were on Indy, didnt notice too much noise, only time was when they had the parades and the 70's party but we were up anyway watching it, apart from that it seems very quiet there. one tip would be to get a room on deck 7 since you are not directly over any late night venue and you still get a good view for people watching, you can aim to get one that has a retail store underneath it which would close early anyway. Happy Cruising.

Archived