Tour ideas from Cannes

Burchrod

We're looking for suggestions in Cannes.

We are not interested in shopping and absolutely cannot do a perfume factory for allergy reasons.

Eze sounds nice, but how do we get there? Can anyone suggest a tour company other than the cruise line?

That area is really easy to do on your own....the train station is a few blocks behind the Majestic hotel. Cannes is very pretty to visit. You can easily take the train to Nice (about 45 min). Monaco is about 1 hour by train. I stayed in Nice recently and we went to Monaco and Cannes (and spent time in Nice).

I heard that Antibes is good too but I am not sure how far that is from Cannes.

All of those places sit along the train route.

Enjoy!

We are not interested in shopping and absolutely cannot do a perfume factory for allergy reasons.

Eze sounds nice, but how do we get there? Can anyone suggest a tour company other than the cruise line?

If you read on this board all your questions will be answered as this question is asked a lot.There are ideas of what to do and how to get there.

We used Provence Riviera Tours in May. Excellent! (5 hr). Wish we had booked the 7 hr! Nice was only a drive through on our tour.

I would do St. Paul De Vence as Eze is further away. Antibes is a twenty minute bus ride from Cannes or train ride. (Bus one euro each way). St. Paul De Vence is a combination of train then bus to town. You could plan a route that comibines both.

David

That area is really easy to do on your own....the train station is a few blocks behind the Majestic hotel. Cannes is very pretty to visit. You can easily take the train to Nice (about 45 min). Monaco is about 1 hour by train. I stayed in Nice recently and we went to Monaco and Cannes (and spent time in Nice).

I heard that Antibes is good too but I am not sure how far that is from Cannes.

All of those places sit along the train route.

Enjoy!

As an aside to this, can those train tickets be purchased in advance? I've found a website where I can do that, but I wasn't sure if I was buying more expensive trains than normally run.

I don't know if the train tickets can be purchased in advance....if you can price it, we went from St Laurent du Var (sp?) to Cannes for 10 euros round trip....I think Monaco was just over 9 euros roundtrip. The trains weren't that crowded and we always found seats. Most of the cars have a lower and top level.

We docked in Cannes last week on the Thomson Dream and took the #200 bus to and from Antibes. Took about 20 minutes each way, little traffic, very easy. Bus stop in Cannes is between City hall and small park just outside the port. Cost was one Euro per person each way and you can pay the driver directly.

Antibes is a nice place to spend the day, we walked around, shopped, had an outdoor lunch, weather was lovely,enjoy.

The train from Cannes is a commuter train. Therefore if pre-purchase tickets for specified time, that ticket is not redeemable. I do no think for commuter train you can purchase a single ticket. There is daily pass ticket, which might be benefical if going to Monte Carlo.

David

We docked in Cannes last week on the Thomson Dream and took the #200 bus to and from Antibes. Took about 20 minutes each way, little traffic, very easy. Bus stop in Cannes is between City hall and small park just outside the port. Cost was one Euro per person each way and you can pay the driver directly.

Antibes is a nice place to spend the day, we walked around, shopped, had an outdoor lunch, weather was lovely,enjoy if you go.

Archived