bodden tour guides ?

peanutpaline

Any suggestions on which guide to ask for? Some are already booked for our tour and need some advice. Heard some of them were really good and some not.

I have Tex reserved for my tour in November. I've read lots of reviews on him and everyone says he's the best :)

Tex, Tex, Tex. However, he does book up very far in advance so you may not be able to get him. He was fabulous. My friend that I cruised with back in 2009 had lunch today. We actually talked about Tex and our amazing day with him.

Tex, Tex, Tex. However, he does book up very far in advance so you may not be able to get him. He was fabulous. My friend that I cruised with back in 2009 had lunch today. We actually talked about Tex and our amazing day with him.

MichelleinOC, I'm go glad to hear that. I almost lost Tex because his van only holds 6 and my group grew to 8 but Victor found him a larger van so I can keep him. :D

Can you give me an idea on what you did with Tex? Was it preplanned or just a go with the flow type of day? Right now, I'm think tour of the island, monkeys, some of the 8 want to zipline and the beach. Not sure what else to do :confused:

MichelleinOC, I'm go glad to hear that. I almost lost Tex because his van only holds 6 and my group grew to 8 but Victor found him a larger van so I can keep him. :D

Can you give me an idea on what you did with Tex? Was it preplanned or just a go with the flow type of day? Right now, I'm think tour of the island, monkeys, some of the 8 want to zipline and the beach. Not sure what else to do :confused:

I reserved Tex on May 3rd, for an October 1st tour. I read a lot of great things about him on these boards. I was happy to see that he was still available.

Fantastic for both of you! I would post a picture of Tex if I knew how

I wasn't able to get Tex and got a guy named Carol instead. Carol was polite, but he looked like he hadn't slept in days, his eyes were yellow. We tipped him well in the end, but I wouldn't request him. Or, if you get him when you get there- ask for someone else.

It's uncommon to hear of a bad experience with a Bodden driver - probably why he's built a successful business. We've only been once and got "Paco" -Francisco. He's very knowledgeable and open about the island and has an interesting story of his own.

We were late off the ship, so we didn't see the line of vans. Has anyone gotten to the pick-up spot early enough to judge how many vehicles these tour companies have?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk 2

Drivers use their own vehicles so there is no distinction between companies. We were one of the first off the ship and used Borden Tours. When we got to the guy with the clipboard full of reservations there must have been 20 guides roaming around him. We had not requested anyone specific but one of the guides had started chatting up my teens as we approached. So they gave us to him (sorry forgot name) and everything worked out great. When we got to his van he asked what exactly did we want to accomplish. I said monkeys, South Shore zip line, lunch, drive around island, little shopping in Coxen Hole. And away we went......

QUOTE "I have to wonder with so many good reviews on specific guides has everyone really had the same person and not just a guide who goes by that name just to make the dumb tourist happy they got who they wanted. "

Since we requested the same tour guide we had last year, I hope we'll notice if he's a different person....lol! That's a GREAT question though! I'll have to check back when we get home and let you all know!

Archived