First timer! How busy is IOS generally?

scotsgirl1

Hi, first time cruiser, leaving on 30th June on IOS. Having looked at you tube videos and the like I am a bit concerned that everywhere looks really busy all the time! Please someone assure me that there are quiet sunbathing places and its not like a busy shopping mall all the time!;);)

Hi, first time cruiser, leaving on 30th June on IOS. Having looked at you tube videos and the like I am a bit concerned that everywhere looks really busy all the time! Please someone assure me that there are quiet sunbathing places and its not like a busy shopping mall all the time!;);)

Don't worry - there are lots of quiet areas on Indy - and she is nothing like a busy shopping mall !!!

You have chosen a fantastic ship for your first cruise !

But....... Beware....... Cruising is very Addictive !!!

Enjoy Indy and look after her for us - Because as you get off...... We shall be getting on !!!

PS... Not sure if you know, but the Olympic Torch Relay is in Southampton on 14th July, so there will be some road closures, but also events, markets and a celebration event in Mayflower Park - what a Welcome Back from your first cruise eh ?

Hi Scotsgirl , if the weather is bad on deck then the promenade can get really busy .Conversely in good weather , its not easy to find a sun lounger on deck ( saying that we are a family of 6 , so that makes it more difficult )

Making our third Indy trip on the 14/07 -you will have a great time I'm sure

When we were on Indy it was full to capacity (even had a last minute offer to move to a later cruise!). Only problem we encountered was finding a seat in a bar for a pre dinner drink. At certain times the promenade did get busy usually before a parade but usually it was ok. Also found that the windjammer got busy at breakfast but got around that by using the dining rooms for breakfast and lunch and this turned out to be a real bonus as it was so much more relaxed. Overall a great ship and the entertainment was great (Joff 'Crikey' Eaton is one of the best cruise director I've ever met). I also really enjoyed the craft sessions and made a lovely necklace, bracelet and earrings (all free) and they weren't busy. I always found a sunbed when I wanted one but if you're in a larger group this might be a problem but for one or two no problem. I recommend signing up for your roll call too (if there is one) and join the meet and mingle as it's a great way to meet people before and during your cruise. Enjoy.

We went in the middle of school holidays (August ) There were 1700 kids on board and the ship was very busy. Hardly saw any kids as they have loads to do. We are in our 70s and were never bothered by how busy the ship was.

Hubby was a lollipop man and we had to go in the school holidays.

Never had to wait in any of the restaurants or self service. There were staff directing you to other places to sit and it was all well organized.

Windjammers did get very packed but we never waited above a few minutes for a table.

Just enjoy and go with the flow. Don't get stressed out, you have plenty of time, you are on holiday.

Archived