Flaming Coffee on the Century???

SEPyle

We really enjoyed the Flaming Aspen Coffee on the Mercury. I don't remember it when we cruised on the Century last fall. Hoping someone has had recent experience on the Century and reply with a big YES, because we will be on the Century on 9/18? It was so good and a real production!

Thanks,
Sharon

I heard they did away with the flaming coffees. Not sure if this is on the entire fleet, but I think it is. Anyone know for sure?
Sally

Galaxy 10/04
Galaxy 3/04
Summit 3/03
Spirit 3/02
Magic 8/00
Magic 8/99
Magic 8/98

Sharon,
Was this in the dining room or the coffee bar? Anyone know if it's still done on Galaxy?
Sally

Galaxy 10/04
Galaxy 3/04
Summit 3/03
Spirit 3/02
Magic 8/00
Magic 8/99
Magic 8/98

My husband first had it in the Cova Cafe, however it was flaming. We had it flaming in the dining room. I also saw the cart at the Fruit on Parade deck party. SOOOOOOOO GOOD!

Sharon

I thought we were done with the flaming threads. What did Coffee do to tick you off and flame him?

NBP [7<sup>2</sup>=49]
[I]Boten, you're always good for a laugh[/I] - newtocc
[I]Boten, I want to speak with Mrs. Boten. NOW[/I] - brigittetom

When we were on Summit, Dec. 2003, we were told that they no longer roll the drink cart through the dining room for flaming coffees, however they position it in a stationary location near the staircase and prepare the flaming drinks there and then the servers carry them to the tables after the flames are extinguished. They said it was for safety reasons.

There's my answer, thanks Truffle! Since I was on the 4/18/ Mercury, each ship must have it's own policy. Half the fun is the presentation, so I hope they do roll the cart through the dining room on the Century!

Not exactly because irons are a hazard when they are left on and unattended in a room, whereas flaming coffees are usually well attended! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Archived