Anytime Dining Question

We are trying ATD for the first time...mostly because we have 3 young kids and it is hard to plan for a specific time to eat every day with them. We normally do the buffets with them because it is quicker, but we feel like we do miss out on a few things not going to the MDR at least a few times. I was wondering if the time of the meal is faster doing ATD? Can we request a faster meal? Have them take our order and bring it out as we finish each course? I cannot expect my little ones to sit at a 3 hour dinner.

ATD is good because you can place your order right away without waiting for the rest of your table to join you. Families generally get their own table. I've been able to get out within 90 minutes (depending on the servers performance schedule).

We just did ATD with three kids and found weere in and out in under 90 minutes. I think they move you along faster with kids cause they don't want them in there making mess any longer than necessary :)

We have done anytime dining for 3 times and loved it until our past trip on the Magic. Waiters were nice but they had way toooooo many tables and the service suffered. Too soooo long we finally would go in and order our entrees and then dessert. I think next time, we will go back to early dining.

Timing your arrival to ATD can affect how long your meal will take. For example, if you arrive to the MDR right after the standard seating has taken their tables, your apps, entrees and deserts are competing with nearly 1000 other orders. If you arrive to the MDR about 25 mins after the standard seating all the set tables will all have been served their apps by the time you take your seat. I have experienced a quicker dinner service by NOT trying to dine at a time which is competing with either the early or late seating. Also if you have a wait team the serves you quickly, you can request their table again the next night.

If you kids are old enough for the youth program, you can take them to the buffet, get them fed and then drop them off at the camp carnival. Then you can have dinner for two in the MDR.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

you can always eat with them at the Buffet than drop them off to camp..that is what we do so we have time alone to eat, and go to show,etc...

I am really hoping to do this a time or two...but I am not getting my hopes up that all 3 will cooperate all at the same time! I am not sure if they will all go to the CC or not....

Archived