Cruise Withdrawal?

ashumate2

:confused: Cruise Withdrawal?

Does anyone ever experience this? I took my first cruise on the Glory April 19th -23rd and had the time of my life. The entire experience was wonderful. I looked so forward to this cruise, for 12 months, and now I’m depressed that it’s over. I miss the ship, our waiters and all of the wonderful people we met. We are going again next year but that’s really not soon enough for me!

Simple solution Ashumate2......BOOK ANOTHER ONE, QUICKbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

We are just getting over our withdrawl/post-cruise depression. Don't worry, it will pass, but it certainly does help having another cruise to research and look forward tosmile.gif

Our last cruise was in June 2003. I had withdrawals afterward for a few months but then moved on and had forgotten about cruising (not really but we'd taken three cruises and decided to buy a new home). Now that we bought our new home in December, I've started having cruise withdrawals again. My husband and I both start talking about cruising just out of the blue. It helps to have the Currents magazine coming to the new house, too.

I've started having nightly dreams of being on the ship. I'll be at work and find myself thinking of sitting on deck, eating a nice meal and looking out over the turquoise waters with wind blowing all around me.

August is our 14 year wedding anniversary. We can't afford much with our nice new house (PAYMENT) but I'd sure like a short cruise getaway then.

Wishing you luck with the withdrawals... they're depressing but the memories are nice. I agree... maybe the only way to rid ourselves of them is to book another cruise!

wow......I am having HUGE cruise withdrawals!! I spend most of my free time looking at cruise prices, on the phone with my PVP, or reading the threads here. Dh and I spend ALOT of time talking about cruising!! I cant wait for our next one....which will probably not be until April 2006. We just got off the ship about 3 weeks ago...........:(

wow......I am having HUGE cruise withdrawals!! I spend most of my free time looking at cruise prices, on the phone with my PVP, or reading the threads here. Dh and I spend ALOT of time talking about cruising!! I cant wait for our next one....which will probably not be until April 2006. We just got off the ship about 3 weeks ago...........:(

We may need to get you a 3-step program.:)

Help is on the way for Veterans and Current Active Duty Military. Carnival offers a Military Discount which amounts to about 33% off Cruise fares for all in Cabin.

My wife and I booked Balcony Cabins on the Miracle for 9/4 & 10/16 for the price of Inside Rooms. Couldn't resist. ;)

are you drinking a lot still while home? if so, then it's serious...if not, then yeah - book another cruise!

it's all fun when someone says this - but PCD really can happen and it's the worst when people can't stop the "partying"...ive done some research on this. So long as you arent drinking at 10am still and all day, then youre fine - just book another!!!!

We had a terrible case of the blues when we got back. I had dreams like some others have and there was a short time where we even pre-booked a cruise at a cruise faire that we couldn't afford, just to get over the blues! (We ended up cancelling it because of the cost) But, low and behold, it was just last month that we BOOKED again and the blues are gone! We are back in the "Spirit" (excuse the pun), and we are going again in August! We looked for all sorts of vacations to fill the void, but once you are an addict, there's no hope, no looking back! Book that cruise...or start researching it. Put together a photo album of your cruise to show off! That was a great feeling for me! I gave one to my family in February and booked in April! Happy hunting! :)

oh yeah ..the cruise blues:cool:

I too just had my first cruise this past February and I KNEW (because of these boards) that I was GOING TO LOVE IT, little did I know what an addiction it would become!! Once home I had serious blues of not being on "my ship"..

just know, booking your next cruise will ease the pain......

It worked for me, I booked last month!! YAHOOOOOOOO

Archived