Chefs Table Confirmed, but i have a few questions?

Winning

I work in a restaurant. I am one of the on-site "Food Safety Managers". The reason behind the closed toe shoes is because you will be walking into a kitchen. It should NOT happen, but the closed toe shoes are in case something is spilled, usually something hot. It is a requirement in most kitchens that anyone walking into them wear closed toe shoes for safety reasons :)

I have read that closed toed, no heeled shoes are recommend...is that correct? Anyone wore open toed shoes?

Most important is no heels-the floor, in parts, has mats with holes in them and other parts are a little slippery. Not sure why they say no open toed shoes for ladies.

Your hsband can order drinks and it will be on the final bill you sign at the end of the night.

You will love it!!

Can you take pictures in the galley?

I have never done the chef's table so I cannot say for sure, BUT, I have read numerous reviews that you are not allowed to take pictures of the galley and it is clearly stated so on the instructions you get. On the flip side some of the reviews that I have read depends on the chef, bring your camera in your bag and out of respect ask the chef first if you can take pictures.

Thanks for all the information guys. I am not sailing until July. I wonder if it is too soon to request the reservation. Does anyone know how soon is too soon:):D

I'm sailing March 30, 2013 and requested my reservation through John Heald's website early last month when I booked. It can never be too early :)

We did Chef's Table last week on the Splendor. It was a great event! Worth every penny. We were also told no open toed shoes, but I was the only one who abided by that rule. It is very noisy in the galley! Luckily, no one was hurt! We had rough seas, so I am glad i wore flat, closed toe shoes! There were no pictures allowed in the galley whatsoever, but my husband was able to take pictures during dinner! The food was awesome and the wine certainly did flow freely! Enjoy! Would I do it again...in a hearbeat!

Archived