What is your favorite thing about the Explorer of the Seas

Does RCCL have a specialty frozen drink? What is the average cost for a beer or a frozen cocktail on RCCL?

Been on Explorer 3times already. They do offer a "drink of the day" and when on it last I want to say the price for that is either 4.95 or 5.95 without the RCCL glass.

We are on the same cruise - so I'm sure I've seen you around the meet & mingle thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Explorer last week and have to say that Leigh Xuereb was the best cruise director I've ever cruised with. I would normally say that a CD doesn't make or break a cruise but he sure added extra enjoyment to it. He was outstanding! His assistant Frank was great too. They make a great team.

I don't know yet as I'm about to book the Explorer tomorrow for the 18th April 2013. I was on the Mariner last month which is the same class of ship and loved every minute of it. Being able to walk right to the front of ship is special. :D

Anyone have any great thoughts about Adventure Ocean?? Likes, Dislikes? How about the AO pool area? Do the kids enjoy that area??

AO was awesome-my kids (6,8 and 10) could not get enough of it! They rushed through dinner to get back there. The pool area, not so much. It is well designed, but has limited hours and is completely shaded. Good for sun exposure but the water was freezing. My girls went once.

We also sail NCL and just returned from our 9 night cruise on the explorer. In the past we have sailed on the Jewel and the Dawn with NCL. The ice show was really good, I would not miss it. The attention in the MDR was something we REALLY enjoyed. Compared with our past cruises with NCL I don't think the entertainment was nearly as good, NCL does a much better job. We found the food in the MDR to be better, but prefer the Garden Cafe to the Windjammer. It was actually nice to see people dressing up more, but I still like the relaxed feeling on NCL. The ship was not as hip or trendy, but we still liked it a lot. The promenade was fun, and the 24 hour cafe was nice. Our kids did miss the Blue Lagoon! Our biggest complaint was that the Windjammer did not serve late night snacks and the ice-cream machine closed early (there was only 1). I would not hesitate to sail RCCL again, but I think we will book our next with NCL. :)

The Crew!!! Stateroom attendants are awesome...food service guys and gals are fantastic.

Entertainment crew: hilarious, personable and full of energy.

Go to the Mahajaras Lounge as many nights as possible: great entertainment from the Crew (Liar Liar Game,) Finish the Lyric game and awesomely terrible karaoke every night. You won't be disappointed. That is where the entertainment crew hang out a lot (Elvis, Nordia etc.)

We are NCL fans too, but really liked the EOS. In our opinion, the entertainment is better on NCL, MUCH better. However we liked the food in the MDR better with RCCL. We prefer the Garden Cafe to the Windjammer, and really missed the late night snack offereings that NCL provides. The ice cream machine closes early, and there is only one :confused:. Our sons really missed wings in the Blue Lagoon! The cafe however was nice, and they had neat mini sandwiches that changed daily. In our opinion the NCL cruises we have been on have been more hip and trendy, but RCCL was great and we would sail with RCCL again.

Archived