Suite benefits ?

We are staying in a suite for the first time, A Family Suite...cool balcony...aft!

Anyway...I read the "concierge" thread...but what are some of the benefits of staying in a suite?

I already know...early embarkation, early tendering on and off the ship, and I know 2 cruise credits for my C&A (only puts me at 4, darn)

ARe there coupons? Tote bags? Gifts? anything like that?

Thanks

I hope you are talking about the Royal Family Suite as this is the only Family Suite that gets the perks your are talking about.

There are no such things as Coupons, bags, gifts, etc. coming with a suite. These are perks that are given from the Crown & Anchor Club and you´ll receive them regardless of cabin category but only in regard to membership level.

The Suites also get something delivered from room service every afternoon.

Nice little snack for the afternoon.

we just stayed in our first suite 2 weeks ago. there is a concierge lounge that wad very nice. the bathrooms are worth the price of a suite. they are very large. you get full size toiletries. we were supposed to get something delivered every afternoon to the cabin but only got things 3 days. as nice as our attendant was, he didn't give superior service. our room was always clean but he didn't do the extras. some nights there were no chocolates on the pillowa. most nights we didn't have little animals made out of towels. sounds stupid, but we missed that.

anyway, we loved the room but there weren't that many extras.

Yes, I meant the Royal Family Suite...not Family stateroom

The room sounds quite large over 500 sq. ft, and the balcony alone is 208 sq. feet!

Snacks in the afternoon...hmmm, more reasons to eat!

We just had a grand suite on the Jewel and the bathroom was huge - double sinks, huge tub and shower. Got a snack delivered every afternoon and then access to the Concierge lounge, where we got used to those couple glasses of champagne before dinner. Actually had a full bar but that was only available between 5:15 and 8:30 each evening. They also had a continental breakfast in the morning and coffee and tea all day and from what I understand CDs and DVDs that you could check out. Though it should be noted that in the info. you get it states that children under 18 aren't allowed. Only saw one little girl one morning with her Dad but they were getting some stuff to go.

Susan :)

We had a grand suite on the Radiance in April. The bathroom is everything as mentioned before. Gorgeous! But if you are taller than say 5'10"... beware! You step up into the bathtub a good 8 inches, bringing you that much closer to the ceiling :eek:

Our tablemates included a rather tall young man... I think about 6'4". We showed him the shower/tub and he just said "no way!"

Another thing I had never read mentioned, and I realize it won't apply to you as you are in an aft suite... there was an overhang that extended over our balcony a good 12 feet. It completely blocked any direct sunlight! Good for some, perhaps, but I was a bit disappointed... of course that didn't last very long! ;)

Don't forget that bathrobes are available to suite guests too!

As for the daily "snacks" ... We had a fruit basket waiting the first day, but after that, alas, never a snack to be found :( (Like you couldn't find them everywhere you turned anyways! :D )

A~:)

Archived