Western Itinerary on the Dream Time Zone Question

Sailfish

Western Itinerary on the Dream: Time Zone Question

Will the ship move clocks one hour back to compensate for the earlier time zones in the Western Caribbean? I am trying to figure out the time in port as opposed to ship's time. I already know the time zones in each port - I was just wondering if the Dream will move their clocks back an hour after departing Port Canaveral. Otherwise, seems like some ports will be as much as two hours behind Eastern Daylight Savings Time (if it does not change time zones while on the cruise).

I understand the concept of ship's time, however, I am scheduling scuba diving on my own in our ports, and I am trying to figure out what time our ship really arrives in port. It would make sense for the ship to turn back the clocks before arriving in Cozumel, but I have never been on the Dream.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Suzi

Just retuned from the Dream in May and did the western itinerary. The ship stays on eastern standard time. You arrive very early in some ports.

Wow! That means when the ship docks in Roatan, local time will be 2 hours behind the ship and we will be there 6am local time! Not good! But what can you do about it!

Thanks for the input.

Suzi

There is not anything that you can do. I will say that all ports were very accommodating of our early arrival. We booked a private excursion at Maya Chan in Costa Maya and they were up and ready for us. Notify whoever you have scheduled your excusion with and I am sure that they will be more then happy to accommodate you. You will find that each time you arrive in port, they will annonouce ship wide that you are on "ship time" which is eastern standard time. It works well as you are not questioning yourself on what time you have to be back on board to depart. Have a great time, we sure did!!!

When we sailed last August, we got to Costa Maya at 6 am their time and the port was in full swing. I looked at the watch and could not believe it. Our guide told us he had been up since 4 am their time. He said they do this everyday. Belize I think we were there at 7 am, same thing.

Archived