Question regarding upcoming Valor Cruise

PGBSAB

We will be cruising on the Valor in September (9/15 - 9/23) going to St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau. Can you tell me if any of these ports are tender ports? I have been reading about ship time vs. island time. Is there a difference? I checked all the islands and it seems they are on eastern time (one hour ahead of central where we are). We were booking excursions and wanted to make sure we understand the difference.

None of the ports are tender ports. The ships dock at a pier at all of the ports-at least they did the last time I went to those ports. Ship time is the time on the ship, and you must be back to the ship by the time posted when you disembark at a port. Island time is the time on whatever island you are visiting that day. It can be different (sometimes as much as an hour or two) from ship time. Sometimes the island time is the same as ship time. You must be absolutely certain to stay on ship time when you are in a port. Unless you are on an excursion through Carnival, the ship will leave you if you are not back in time. If you are on a Carnival excursion, then the ship will wait for passengers that are delayed. I hope that this answers your question.

Archived