Boston Hotel

bsall

Hi. We're coming into Boston for 7/11-7/13 pre-cruise. We'd like to spend the 12th sight seeing in downtown.

Fly in late on the 11th, sight see on the 12th and go to the cruise terminal on the 13th.

What's the best option?

More expensive, but comparable price:

Hilton Financial District

Hyatt

Doubletree

Less expensive, but comparably priced:

Boston Park Plaza

Marlowe - Kimpton

Embassy Logan

Hilton Logan

Are any of these more centrally located than others? Does it make sense to stay by the airport? Is the Park Plaza a decent place and location? I'd prefer Hilton because I'm Gold, but not tied to any brand.

Thoughts?

I'd look at the Park Plaza or the Hyatt. Both are in the heart of downtown near the Common with access to both Back Bay and Quincy Market. The Marlowe is in Cambridge. The Hilton Financial is closer to Quincy Market, but I'm just not that excited about the location. It's not in the market or on the water and I find Broad St boring.

Thanks. We'll probably do the Freedom Trail most of the day. Of course, we'll want to hit the North End for dinner and Mike's (or Modern).

Is there a better location to use as a base? Do any of them offer shuttle to the terminal?

Only the really fringe hotels offer a shuttle to the port. A cab from the Park Plaza or the Hyatt to the port won't be that expensive. The Hyatt is next to the Downtown Crossing T station. It's one stop to South Station where you transfer to the Silver Line to the port. If you can manage your luggage, this is doable. The Hyatt is also close to the start of the Freedom Trail and closer to Quincy Market and the North End.

Archived