Just returned from Avalon Panorama Amsterdam to Budapest

russy1

Hi, I have just returned from my river cruise, I will post a review in the next few days, but in the meantime if you have any questions fire away:)

Hi we have booked this cruise for May next year on Avalon Vista. I look forward to your review. I am interested in the included tours, how much free time in each port, and how much time is spent during the day cruising. We have done one ocean cruise and expect this to be a bit different.

Hi, this is my second river cruise, 1st one was with Viking, so I can't comment on AMA, though we did see a lot of their ships along the river. I will try and post a review tomorrow, I am still ironing :( I will list all the times we had ashore and how long the trips last because that is not in great detail in the brochure and it does help to know in advance.:)

Hi, will be very interested to read your review, we are on the Panorama on August 15th doing the opposite tour to you, Budapest to Amsterdam,getting quite excited, this will be our first river cruise. So I'm sure most of what you experienced will be relevant to us. Hope you enjoyed your trip :) Debbie

Vekuan,

It is really difficult to compare Viking and Avalon as Viking was in China and Avalon was in Europe. my favourite cruise was in China because of the location and amazing sights we saw and things we did, you had your own personal tour guide from arrival to departure and stayed in the same group for the whole holiday. Couldn't fault my Viking cruise, but the ship wasn't as modern as Avalon and you didn't have the same freedom to walk ashore. I couldn't really say one was better, they were both very good:)

Archived