Cabo/San Jose private tour for 10

nedb52

Hi,

Thought I had a group tour lined up, but he must have fallen of the edge of the earth.since all of a sudden the emails stopped. Can anyone recommend a guide or company that will do a 4 hour highlights tour to include Cabo and San Jose?

Thank you for all all you continued information and help! - ned

Ned,

We have a private tour of Cabo/ San Jose planned for next week... so I'm just wondering... did your tour guide's first name start with a "B"?

Because mine does and I just hope he's there to pick us up as planned as we leave in less than 48 hours.

But even if we have to wing it in Cabo... we're sailing in 2 days!!!

I hope you work things out. Have a great cruise!

Also, for future reference, please post how things went with Arturo at Translobo.

Sorry I did not respond sooner but we were away until yesterday with limited computer access and i did not check the board.

Here is the latest on our private Cabo tour...

Turns out our tour guide was heavily involved with the G20 summit. He emailed me apologizing for not getting back to me, so all is well now. His name is benjamin sanchez quiñonez and his email address is... <benjytour@hotmail.com>benjytour@hotmail.com. I found him on Cruise Critic (good press and was one of the fastest responders) and except for the last lapse he (and his wife Rubi) were very responsive. He was very flexible and reasonably priced @ $50/hr... around the going rate

Ned

P.S. Once again thanks to those who responded!

Just got back from the Splendor. We spent our 2nd Cabo day with Benjy and we had a great time.

We hadn't tried contacting him since we originally booked him several weeks ago. He was waiting with a sign with my name on it as promised!

He picked us up outside of the tender area (even though we were 30 minutes late getting off the ship) and took us in his super clear and well air conditioned van to various points of interest in Cabo including the Finesterra Hotel and the glass making factory.

Along the corridor we stopped by at Santa Maria Bay and Chileno Bay for a few minutes to look around but opted not to stay because my kids spent all day out in the sun the day before on the Pirate Ship. We also stopped at different points of interest along the way with great views. On the way to San Jose del Cabo he told us a lot of interesting info on Los Cabos including his work with the Chinese delegation during the G20 summit.

In San Jose, we went to the main church to look around outside, walked around, ate ice cream and had lunch. He suggested several places to eat as I really like seafood and my wife likes good typical home style Mexican food... but we ended up going to a really good place that had different types of simple and elaborate quesadillas as our kids like that the best.

Benjy then drove us back to Cabo San Lucas and we had more time so he drove us around until we were ready to be dropped off. We actually spent more time with him than originally agreed upon and he didn't take time off for being late in the morning... which was completely our fault for not getting up earlier to anticipate the tendering wait.

All in all, Benjy was very accommodating, knowledgeable, and extremely patient with our DS7 and DD4. He spoke both English and Spanish extremely well. And, above all else, was a true professional the entire day!

We would not hesitate to book with him again... and will probably contact him to schedule something for September.

• 2 years later...

Thanks to the other posters for recommending Benjytour, I am very glad we hired Benjy as our driver. He recommended some activities that turned out to be big hits with my family, especially the glass blowing factory. He was upbeat and fun all day long, and he is full of knowledge about everything from current events to historical sites. He is fully licensed to operate private tours or do airport transportation. There is no way we could have experienced so much in Cabo during our brief 5 hours in port if it hadn't been for Benjy, and it was a way better experience than being bussed around en masse (which actually would have cost MORE for my family of six, Benjytour is a great deal)!

Our trip was in November 2014. During our day I learned a lot about Benjy, and am convinced we will meet again on a future trip. He can assist with any activity you have in mind, from surfing to snorkeling to sightseeing, and he is great with all ages.