June 2012 Carnival Fantasy Review With Pictures

What a wonderful review. LOVED the time lapse as well. It was like ZOOOOOOM!!!! WEEEEEEE!!!! I swear I could hear Benny Hill music in my head while watching the lido pool in time lapse. HAHA!

I am soooo ready for our 7day cruise now. I am going to have to have extra notebooks for my 7 day review.

My apologies if this has been asked but can you tell me what type of camera you had? Ours passed away on our last cruise and we are looking for a camera before our next sailing.

All4fun, I didn't think of Benny hill. I'll have to remember it for the next one. Great idea! now that song is stuck in my head. :o

I use a Sony point and shoot(not sure which model, 10 megapixel, I think) and a canon t3.

I am looking forward to your 7 day review

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review, I really enjoyed it! you have a beautiful family and congratulations to your daughter on her graduation and awesome grades!

I am so happy to see recent pictures of the Sheraton as we are planning to go there also AND take the jitney. We will be traveling with our 13 month old son.. can you comment on how the jitney may be for him? Besides the open door and no air, was the ride okay? About how long would you say? Also, as for the Sheraton.. I don't recall seeing many shaded areas? Did any of the areas by the pool have umbrellas or the like?

Thanks!

The Carnival Fantasy has a special place in my heart. My parents first cruise was on the Fantasy, my first cruise was on the Fantasy the following year with them and then my sister and her 2 daughters joined us for their first cruise on the Fantasy. This was also my mom's last cruise. The ship is small enough for those on their first cruise to get an idea of what it is like and yet large enough that you are not running into the same people over and over again.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, it has brought back such great memories for me.

Terrific review- and I loved that you didn't gripe when you could have! We are cruising the Fantasy in October (Halloween Cruise- and by the looks of our roll call we may be the only few on the ship :-)

Anyway I really enjoyed the pictures and information. I am so excited now!!!!!

Pcrum, our DD has chosen to go to Winthrop University in Rock Hill. She toured the COC but decided against it. She was accepted to USC also but I guess that was too close for her. She also likes the idea that her BF will be at Winthrop too.

We toured Winthrop (my ds will be a senior this year) and even though he liked the campus has decided against it. He has changed his major and they do not offer what he wants to study. good luck to you dd and congrats on great grades

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review, I really enjoyed it! you have a beautiful family and congratulations to your daughter on her graduation and awesome grades!

I am so happy to see recent pictures of the Sheraton as we are planning to go there also AND take the jitney. We will be traveling with our 13 month old son.. can you comment on how the jitney may be for him? Besides the open door and no air, was the ride okay? About how long would you say? Also, as for the Sheraton.. I don't recall seeing many shaded areas? Did any of the areas by the pool have umbrellas or the like?

Thanks!

Comesailwithme, thank you for your kind words. The #10 Jitney will be ok for your son..If the first bus doesn't look good enough try waiting on another one. I believe they run every 15 or 30 mins. Don't wait to long to get to the sheraton. they have chairs with big umbrellas on the beach and by the pool, but they go fast. I think we were there around 8:30 and some were already spoken for. the ride time depends on how many people get on and off the bus but I think it took us about 20 to 25 mins.. Happy Sailing!

The Carnival Fantasy has a special place in my heart. My parents first cruise was on the Fantasy, my first cruise was on the Fantasy the following year with them and then my sister and her 2 daughters joined us for their first cruise on the Fantasy. This was also my mom's last cruise. The ship is small enough for those on their first cruise to get an idea of what it is like and yet large enough that you are not running into the same people over and over again.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, it has brought back such great memories for me.

I m glad you enjoyed it....:) i appreciate the positive comments

Terrific review- and I loved that you didn't gripe when you could have! We are cruising the Fantasy in October (Halloween Cruise- and by the looks of our roll call we may be the only few on the ship :-)

Anyway I really enjoyed the pictures and information. I am so excited now!!!!!

I want to go on a halloween cruise.....they look like alot of fun.

I hope you have a great time!

We toured Winthrop (my ds will be a senior this year) and even though he liked the campus has decided against it. He has changed his major and they do not offer what he wants to study. good luck to you dd and congrats on great grades

Thanks and good luck to your son too.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! What a beautiful family you have! The Fantasy was our first cruise ever for our honeymoon, and it will always be a special ship for us. Can I ask, did your kids find enough things to do, especially at night? My boys are 16 and 19, and have never cruised. Being an older ship, that was the only thing that my DH and I worried about, that they wouldn't have enough to do. I love that it's out of Charleston though, only a 4 hr. drive for us!

The port uses some old warehouses for a parking garage, nothing fancy but could use some paint. I think Charleston is supposed to build a new port in the future but I don’t know when that will be. Maybe they will do it up nice and more ships could port here J. After we parked our truck we walked to a place just outside of the warehouse where a small bus picked us up and drove us to the terminal entrance. This seems unnecessary but if I had a hard time getting around I would be appreciative.

DSC02403.JPG

This is us riding the "short bus"....

DSC02405.JPG

Going up to the ship....

DSC02410.JPG

The time to go thru security was relatively quick and we were having our first Drink of the Day (DOD) at 12:20.

DSC02508.JPG

Its "Official"

Did the port security open up your case of soda's? I have been hearing that they have been doing that!

Thanks

Looks like you guys had fun!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! What a beautiful family you have! The Fantasy was our first cruise ever for our honeymoon, and it will always be a special ship for us. Can I ask, did your kids find enough things to do, especially at night? My boys are 16 and 19, and have never cruised. Being an older ship, that was the only thing that my DH and I worried about, that they wouldn't have enough to do. I love that it's out of Charleston though, only a 4 hr. drive for us!

The kids had a great time. They never said they were bored.

Hey south kaka, I seen what your wrote on parking is the warehouse the only option? I have read a few revies from last year and heard people waiting hours trying to park... I am coming down with our 2 kids and each of our mothers,, just trying to plan our arrival nice and easy and quick! Loved your review btw, I am a platinum cruiser with carnival, I guess I cruise too much ! Lol.

Comesailwithme, thank you for your kind words. The #10 Jitney will be ok for your son..If the first bus doesn't look good enough try waiting on another one. I believe they run every 15 or 30 mins. Don't wait to long to get to the sheraton. they have chairs with big umbrellas on the beach and by the pool, but they go fast. I think we were there around 8:30 and some were already spoken for. the ride time depends on how many people get on and off the bus but I think it took us about 20 to 25 mins.. Happy Sailing!

This is great info, thanks again!

These sunset shots are fantastic. Great review. I've enjoyed reading it. Looks like your family had a wonderful vacation

Cup crazy, thankyou, I thought they turned out good too, for an amateur.

Great review! Thanks for sharing! I know it's hard to come back home and have to relive the awesomeness!

Yes it was hard, but it was fun to share our trip.

Hey south kaka, I seen what your wrote on parking is the warehouse the only option? I have read a few revies from last year and heard people waiting hours trying to park... I am coming down with our 2 kids and each of our mothers,, just trying to plan our arrival nice and easy and quick! Loved your review btw, I am a platinum cruiser with carnival, I guess I cruise too much ! Lol.

If you are coming down the same day as embarkation I would try to be at the port around 10ish. If your staying at a hotel the night before there are some hotels in the area allowing you to leave your vehicle at their parking lot. Not sure of all the details about the hotels though because we haven't had to stay the night before. Hope this helps.

Great review and thanks for taking the time. Loved the pics. Our first cruise was on Fantasy. We are booked on her for her 7 day next January. First time out of Charleston. We will drive and look for one of the hotels that let you park for the week. It will be our 14th Carnival cruise. ;)

Guess they hooked us. :D

I hope you dont mind me adding a little input Southkakalaki.

Here is a link to park and cruise hotels in the area. When calling, I would definitely ask if they offer free shuttle service to the port or how much they charge. Some offer free tranportation and others charge.

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/special_offers/packages/stay/

Archived