St. Kitt Scenic Rail Tour, or Brimstone Hill Fortress???

I'm on the October 10th, sailing of the Empress of the Seas. Being my first visit to St. Kitt, I'm torn between taking the Scenic Rail Tour, or the Brimstone Hill Fortress Tour. I'd love to do both, but because of time I think it's impossible. We arrive in St. Kitt at 7:00am, and depart at 5:30pm. I know I can't go wrong either way, but still having difficulty making the choice

If you've taken one, or both of these tours, what would you suggest?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best,

Bruce

MS Volendam, December 16th, 2004

MS Zuiderdam, April 9th, 2005

Future sailing RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005

Was on the April 11 Empress stop on St. Kitts. We took the train ride and thought it was one of the highlights of our trip. It is a laid back trip that proceeds through the sugar cane fields and offers some fantastic views of the shoreline as the train winds it's way back to port.

On the short bus trip to get the train, you get some island history and go through 3-4 towns and past the old fort.

The drinks are free, you are serenaded by a small 3 person choir and you get to sit either up in a covered, but open air car or down in the air-conditioned bottom floor.

If you're looking for excitement, don't take this one. If your looking for a relaxed look at the island and seeing working cane fields this is your choice.

We went to Brimstone Hill several years ago. It is truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. You have almost at 360 view from the top. You do have to hike to the top,but is it really not a difficult climb. I have never been on the train, but on the bus back from Brimstone, we stopped at a batik factory and did other sightseeing on the island. Truly a beautiful, beautiful place.

Have fun whatever you decide.

Karen

I have been on the train on our last trip in October, 2005, and it was a nightmare trip. But only because it rained, and the island being shaped the way it is, all of the water traveled down. I have heard that it is a nice trip, but do be careful if it rains.

Thanks for your descriptive feedback. It will help me with my choice.

Best,

Bruce

MS Volendam, December 16th, 2004

MS Zuiderdam, April 6th, 2005

Future Sailing: RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005

Archived