Ambergris Caye

baylorbear87

Has anyone made it over to Ambergris Caye either by water taxi or by plane (15 minute flight)? I have read many great things about Ambergris Caye and would like to get out there. Also want to do snorkeling and have seen many operators located there. The problem is getting there I guess.

I was hoping someone would have answered your question. I will continue searching. I went to Belieze and only did city stuff....regret not getting into the beautiful water. Looking for info on Ambergris. Will get to go again in March of 06. Sic um bears! class of 89

There are a lot of excursion operators on Ambergris Caye. But they tend to schedule their excursions the day (or days) before. You are better off scheduling a trip with the ship or in Belize City than just showing up and trying to find an excursion when you get to Ambergris. You cannot snorkel from the beach.

Hello Travel Mom-

It is always good to hear from a "Bear". I was in the class of '87. How about those lady bears winning the nat'l championship???? Thanks to everyone for responding. We've decided to book with coralbreeze tours and go over to Caye Cualker and snorkel for the day. Thanks again.

I had the same interest and a similar excursion. I came across a travel agency in Belize that comes highly recommended. They are called MAYA Travel Services. I was like you (and from Texas!) in that I wanted to see the best beach, do the Hol Chan Reserve and Shark Ray Snorkel..go to Ambergris versus Caye Caulker...AND have time to do a little shopping in San Pedro. Well...I found the answer! Delia at Maya Travel booked transfers to get me from my ship (Carnival Elation), take us to the airport where we catch Maya Air to San Pedro/Ambergris Caye, we go snorkeling and do Hol Chan and Shark Ray, and then do an hour of shopping before our flight returns us back to Beize City and then a 15 min tour ride back to the ship. She confirmed the "local versus ship time" question and we are all set. I can't wait. Their website is mayatravelservices.com

For roundtrip airfare, taxi transfers to/from the ship, and a 2-3 snorkel tour was $115 a person.

Hope this helps!:)

cowhip

We used Marvin at Wet N Wild for a plane trip to Ambergris Caye and Shark Ray Alley/Hol Chan Snorkeling: www.ecotoursbelize.com

It was $90/adult, $80/kids 10 or younger. This price did not include marine park admission, which was (I believe) $5/each or so. It also did not include lunch, but there were plenty of places to eat on the island.

Marvin's 'shop' is located right at the tender pier. We got in early, so he re-booked us an earlier flight to the island and an earlier snorkel trip so we had plenty of time after to explore the island before our 3:30 pm flight back. He also arranged transportation to and from the airport. Everything ran VERY well. I'd recommend it.

Archived