Help! Any ideas on sleeping arrangements for 3 yr old twins?

sandy18

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions on how to "make" my toddlers sleep on our next cruise.

My twins have been trained to fall asleep on their own cribs since they were little. However, whenever we have been sharing a hotel room in the past they will fall asleep only to wake up in the middle night and start crying because they see us and want to come out and play. We've tried putting them in our beds, but it doesn't work. They are wide awake and in play mode which means that you have two very cranky toddlers and two exhausted parents the following day!

When we have cruised in the past we've gotten adjoining rooms and we have been able to put them in their cribs and semi-shut the door. Unfortunately this will probably not work on our next cruise because they will be three and will not fit into the crib. So, there is no point in spending the additional money if they are going to be getting up from their bed anyway.

I know this sounds insane, but how do I get my kids to sleep?? We have an interior room so that means bunkbeds. Yes, I know it will be tight, but that is what we can afford right now :)

Should I take an inflatable bed and lay them down after they fall asleep? Any suggestions on how to get them to sleep would also be great as they don't seem to fall asleep on their own like other children. They can be up until 1 am if they are just playing around.

Thank you all!!!

Get connecting rooms. There is a big difference between a baby and a three year old. Three year olds are usually good sleepers and the only thing my young child used to do is sneak in bed with me but he wasn't playful during the night. If you have connecting cabins it will be more like home. leave the bathroom light on so they don't get disoriented or bring a nightlight.

You usually pay a 2nd and 3rd person rate anyway- so get less expensive connecting rooms and I guarantee you'll all be happy and well rested.

Bunks suck. I ended up sleeping up there because I worried that my child would be disoriented or sleepy and try to climb down

Archived