RCCL newbie questions

I just received my documents for my June 3 sailing on the Voyager. I have some questions that I know that you can answer.

1. Is there assigned seating or is it more freestyle

2. What is the best time to get to the pier (Port Liberty, NJ) I will be pushing my wife in a wheelchair and pulling our carryon luggage. The quicker we get on board, the better

3. What is the best time and way to get reservations for Portofino and "tickets" for the ice show. Both venues are so small for 3000 guests. Demand (especially at the ice show has to exceed supply) unless they put on the same show every night.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hello and welcome!

I will try to answer some of your questions.

Yes there is assigned seating. You should have been assigned either early or late. Check your documents. There is also the option of Windjammer buffet if you prefer. Also Johnny Rockets, and a small cafe with pizza and sandwiches.

The ice show runs the same show two different nights with two shows each night. So, four shows for all those people makes it a little easier to get tickets. They will make an announcement in the daily compass telling you when and where to pick up your tickets.

Getting on the ship in Bayonne was pretty easy. RCCL is great with people who need a little extra help, so don't stress too much about a wheelchair and luggage :) You should be able to drop your wife and luggage off, park the car and then board the ship with her.

I would make reservations for Portifinos as soon as possible. It does fill up quick. the food there is great and well worth the price.

Have a great cruise!

Bobbie

Hi Newbie,

Welcome to RCCL! I am sure you will have a great trip!

Seating in the main dining room is assigned. When you made your original reservation, you should have been asked what size table you prefered (a 4 person or a 6-8 person). Seating in the Windjammer is as you please.

I would suggest making reservations for Portofinos as one of the first things you do on the ship. Premium times go quickly. You didn't mention which ship you are on, but formal nights are usually Monday and Friday nights. We went to Portofinos on Monday night on our recent Explorer trip and there was hardly anyone in there.

As for the ice show tickets, if you are in a suite and have concierge priviledges, you should be able to get your tickets through that. But, otherwise, on the first day, Monday, the Compass (which is a daily info sheet telling you all the events of the day, it will be left in your cabin by the steward the night before) will tell you what time the lines form to get tickets. I do suggest getting down to the line at least a half hour before the time indicated in the Compass. Tickets do go fast. If for some reason you don't get a ticket, don't fret, you can still go to the show. You can go in just a few minutes before show time and there are seats with counters around the top of the venue. They are meant for people getting a drink at the bar to watch, but nobody uses them and the view is still fine.

Have a great trip!

Archived