Canopy Tour on Your Own

susan is cruisin

I'm cruising at the end of this month and my group really wants to do the canopy tour. Its sold out with Carnival and I've been unable to find anything online that sells this tour. I talked to the customer service at Carnival and was told to keep checking online in case someone drops out. I was also told that when one disembarks at ROatan there are usually a number of people with signs trying to sell the tour.

Hope that helps, and if anyone has anything to add, PLEASE DO.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...

I figured out the answer. Tropicalrez (www.Tropicalrez.com) has a DIY (Do-It-Yourself) canopy tour at the major Roatan canopy tour site (there are two) for $48 / person. I contacted them and they were able to fit the tour into my schedule.

Essentially, they book the tour for you and guarantee you a spot...you pay the $48 up front, and then make your own way to the canopy site via cab. Cab fare runs about $15 to $30 both ways...so if you have at least two people that works out to less than the provided for transport. ($85 with transport to and from the boat)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

E.

Archived