Windstar bar prices

Mr Miserable

Not that I'm a scrooge nor an alcoholic but I've read that the bar prices on Windstar are pretty steep. Since I can't afford to cruise in the first place (if I want to leave any money in my will) I don't want to spoil my cruise by penny pinching. Anyone prepared to comment?

We were on the Star a year ago and did not find the drink prices out of line. If you want to save money, you can buy wine on shore and have the steward serve it to you at dinner. You can also bring liquor aboard to have in your room.

In our experience, the bigger expense is shore excursions. Look at the web and see what excursions are available and the prices.

Please do not take this wrong, but If you would feel guilty spending the money, you should reconsider going on the cruise. My wife and I have a philosophy that we worked hard for our savings and should be able to spend it on our enjoyment. We gave our kids the tools (i.e. a good education) to make a good living and they need to take advantage of the opportunities that are in front of them.

Hope this helps.

Your screen name is Mr. Miserable. You list a bankruptcy one year ago (which I helped pay for), and an extra dollar is upsetting you. You absolutely should not be cruising.

Your screen name is Mr. Miserable. You list a bankruptcy one year ago (which I helped pay for), and an extra dollar is upsetting you. You absolutely should not be cruising.

Aww, the guy asked for information and seemed to have a sense of humor to boot. I don't think he'd be asking for info here if we paid for his bankruptcy last "month".

Bottom line, booze everywhere has gotten expensive. Contrary to company stated policy (but not opposed to company enforcement), we now bring a bottle a piece aboard for our cabin. There have been several threads discussing this topic on Cruise Critics in general and this board itself.

When not in our cabin, we have no problem signing for the 3-5 bucks they charge for a nice Scotch or the $10 corkage fee for wine we've brought with us. But, that's us. Other opinions abound.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived