Fly to Caye Caulker??

Mooder

We will be in Belize in December and are interested in visiting Caye Caulker. I've read some of the threads on the best way to get there and I'm thinking of taking Coral Breeze's no-snorkeling option just a transportation rather than risk the water taxi. But I'm wondering if anyone has experience flying there? It is certainly faster and I imagine you get some great views! How would I get to the airport, how long would it take to get to the airport? And how reliable would the transport back to the tenders from the airport be?

Finally, any suggestions for places for lunch, things to see while on Caye Caulker would be appreciated!

We will be in Belize in December and are interested in visiting Caye Caulker. I've read some of the threads on the best way to get there and I'm thinking of taking Coral Breeze's no-snorkeling option just a transportation rather than risk the water taxi. But I'm wondering if anyone has experience flying there? It is certainly faster and I imagine you get some great views! How would I get to the airport, how long would it take to get to the airport? And how reliable would the transport back to the tenders from the airport be?

Finally, any suggestions for places for lunch, things to see while on Caye Caulker would be appreciated!

This is your best option. check out tropic air. flights every two hours to Caye Caulker and every hour to San Pedro. Very reliable. You must make reservations.

Adult Fare Child Fare

$36.00 $25.25

each way

A taxi ride from the pier to the airstrip in Belize City wil cost $10 us each way.

The ride is about 15-20 minutes. You need to check in for the flight 10- 15 min before departure.

From the air strip in Caye Caulker you can walk or taxi into town.

A 30 min walk to the end of the island is the split and the lazy lizard.

Before you reach there you will see a market with local crafts and find the guy selling shrimp..the best! You can find chicken wit rice and beans as well as bbq chicken..

YOU WILL LOVE cAYE CAULKER.

We took the high speed boat from the ship (Legend) back in 2005 (New Years Eve) to Caye Caulker -- the weather was horriable -- cold rain etc. Nice restaurant at the dock serves food and drinks. Not much to do on the island back then if you did not scuba dive and did I mention it was raining like cats and dogs. THis I am sure is beautiful but only if the weather cooperates At $100. per person and we had 4 this was expensive and one of the worst excursions we have ever taken. Been cruising since 1979 !

We did that trip about 5 years ago and were nervous about the plane and captain. Arriving at the little airport, an ex Royal Airforce captain awaited us as some of them are working in Belize (ex Brit Air Force and Navy station). That was a great surprise as we were sure to be in good hands!

Archived