Overhand on deck 11

letvl

This is our first time on Oceania - have sailed on Windstar in the past.

Could anyone tell me about deck 11. Is there an overhang along the whole deck. We are looking at a PH1 mid-ship. PH1 - 11020.

Also, any noise from the elevators or from the deck above?

Could anyone tell me about deck 11. Is there an overhang along the whole deck. We are looking at a PH1 mid-ship. PH1 - 11020.

We were in 11020 last April on Marina and absolutely LOVED the room. The location was excellent--just forward of the staircase up to the 12th deck and the forward bank of elevators. (I know that on the deck plans it looks as if 11020 is right at the elevator bank, but it isn't. It's around the corner from (forward of) the staircase.

There was absolutely NO noise from above (you're actually under the Culinary Center) and NO noise from the elevators or people using the staircase. Also, there was not another door adjacent to 11020's, so there was no noise from the next door occupants entering or leaving their suite.

We preferred having the overhang, as it cut down on the direct sunlight, but it didn't hamper views or light streaming into the room.

We've already booked our next cruise, staying in 11020 on Riviera.

Enjoy.

070851.jpg

Yes, there is a significant overhang (about 6.5 feet per side) for the entire length of deck 11, from the bridge to the fantail.

b_020635.jpg

That said, we sailed recently in Penthouse 11027 on a cruise where the Riviera was completely full, and we never heard a whisper from the Elevators, the Executive Lounge, or the Pool Deck above.

FYI, the Deck Plans are slightly askew, as I could see across the Elevator Lobby, from inside our Suite when the door of 11027 was open.

Deck 11 mid-ship, IMO, was the perfect location for us on our recent sailing on Riviera's maiden voyage. We were in 11028; other family members in 11022. We had the benefit of having easy access to stairs and elevators without any downside normally associated with what we would consider as "high traffic" areas. We didn't hear any outside noise from the inside of either suite.

For us, the overhang was actually a blessing. It provided shade from the blistering Mediterrean sun whenever we were out enjoying the views from our verandah.

I do recall an earlier post from Hondorner discussing the fact that the overhang was somewhat of an impediment to his view when he attempted to take some photographs. While I concur with Hondorner, I don't consider this to be a deal breaker. There are simply many other areas in the upper decks where one can capture perfect images.

Thank you for your responses to my question regarding the overhang on deck 11. We were offered an up-sell from an A1 to a PH level on deck 11.

We have now jumped on the offer. We will be in 11006 and 11008 on the

Aug. 21 Marina's Baltic Treasures. Your replys helped us make the decision to move to the PH level. I'll be lucky if I can get my husband to leave the ship let alone leave our cabin. We are sooooo excited about the upcoming cruise. I've never used the cruise critic message boards before; everyones comments have been so helpful on planning this cruise. Thank you all.

Thank you for your responses to my question regarding the overhang on deck 11. We were offered an up-sell from an A1 to a PH level on deck 11.

Aug. 21 Marina's Baltic Treasures. Your replys helped us make the decision to move to the PH level. I'll be lucky if I can get my husband to leave the ship let alone leave our cabin. We are sooooo excited about the upcoming cruise. I've never used the cruise critic message boards before; everyones comments have been so helpful on planning this cruise. Thank you all.

You were smart to take the up-sell offer. We did the same thing last April--the thought of reserving a PH1 had not occurred to us, but the up-sell was one we couldn't refuse.

You will LOVE the extra space, and having the butler is a fun extravagance you'll enjoy.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I think it is only fair to warn you--------Cruise Critic can be addictive!!!!:D. We took the same cruise on the Marina in June 2011. It was wonderful!!!

We also stayed in 11006, it's a fabulous location on a fabulous ship. Very convenient for the Executive Lounge which is just further up the corridor. Enjoy your cruise.

to letvl and pretenda:

We will be staying in 11006 on Riviera next April. I would appreciate any more information or perhaps photos (pretenda). So glad to hear you were and are happy with the selection. lyndenfa at msn.com

• 6 months later...
Has anyone some pictures from a Penthouse suite onboard the Marina/Riviera?:D

Here are pictures we took of our PH (11020) on Marina: link

The three things I appreciated the most were: the walk-in closet, the extra width of the room (plenty of space to get around without feeling cramped), and Anthony, our butler. He was great.

Archived