Beach within Walking Distance...

tchoney

My family will be in the following places on a disney cruise....

Mazatlan

Puerto Vallarta

Cabo San Lucas

We really just want to visit a beach one day. We are looking for somewhere that is family friendly and fun. We are interested in possibly renting jet skiis. We would also like to know if there is a beach within walking distance from the dock. We have 7 people and really didn't want to take a taxi or pay for an expensive excursion.

Any suggestions would be fantastic!!!!

Thanks!!:)

In Mazatlan, go to Stone Island for a relaxing, inexpensive beach day. If you search this board, you will see a few posts with more details. It is also mentioned in many of the Randi's Happy Horses posts (this is where her horseback riding excursion goes). Stone Island is not far from the port, you can walk to the ferry ($1 US) and walk from the ferry to the beach. There are facilities, restaraunts, beach rentals etc. I highly recommend Stone Island for a beach day in Mazatlan.

Thank you very much for that information. My family loves boats, so they should enjoy the ferry ride. That will just be a bonus! I appreciate the information.

:)

Sharon and I double that recomdation. You get of the ship, too big to be a boat, and then goto the left you will find the pangas after about a 10 minute walk, not bad and the round trip ticket is about a dollar. Just about a 10 minute walk to the restaruants and as you know Sharon and I always recommend Victors for the best food in town. You may or maynot see Randi there. She can be a dessert girl. lol

Sharonn and Buck Gilbert

In Cabo, take a water taxi over to the Melia Resort(5 minute ride). Here they have jet skiis, banana boat rides, ect., and the water was calm enough to swim. If you tip the girl at the pool kiosk, she will give you towels and chairs. The pool here is nice too.

In Puerto Vallarta, you can walk to the Krystal Resort-they welcome cruisers for no charge. The pool and beach here are awesome. Bring your own towels.

Hola from PV! The Krystal Resort, which is within walking distance from where you will docked, is available for use by cruise ship passengers. A nice beach, good pool area and conveniently located. Not within walk distance but an easy bus ride would be to Los Muertos Beach on the southside. A fun beach, very popular with lots and lots of palapa restaurants - worth the 4.5 peso bus ride!

Archived