carnival stingray city ?max capacity?

bingo*

i was wondering if anyone have taken the carnival cruise stingray city excursion recently? and how many people were on the boat? more than 20??? thinking of booking off the ship but from what i find that the timing will be a factor , be arrriving at 10am -6pm, found that

some private trip starts at 9am, and again at 2pm,

therefore afraid that we might not be able to make it in time, afraid of missing the ship, :confused:also read about how crowded it will be when we dock, but if you take their excursion, you will be the first to be let off the ship.

thanks for any info:) party of (15)

i was wondering if anyone have taken the carnival cruise stingray city excursion recently? and how many people were on the boat? more than 20??? thinking of booking off the ship but from what i find that the timing will be a factor , be arrriving at 10am -6pm, found that

therefore afraid that we might not be able to make it in time, afraid of missing the ship, :confused:also read about how crowded it will be when we dock, but if you take their excursion, you will be the first to be let off the ship.

See my post in your other thread.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Stingray city privately last fall from the Carnival Conquest. I too was worried about timing, etc. We went with Fatfish adventures, highly rated on TA. We drove our own jetski out and avoided the cattle call experience. After Stingray city, we snorkeled, had lunch and we still had time to do a quick beach dive and get back to the ship, no problem.

We were on the first tender out and Fatfish picked us up at 9 am. I think the Carnival tours were still gathering in the theaters, so we beat them. Our tour operator told me if we had too, to tell them we had to meet our "aunt" on the island at a certain time, but that wasn't necessary! Overall, I highly recommend the private tours. We got to feed and kiss the stingrays and there were only about 10 of us in our group.

BTW, one other time our official "carnival" tour was cancelled to Stingray City due to choppy waters. This time, I was determined not to miss it. Carnival left us high and dry the 1st time.

The Carnival Coral Gardens Snorkel and Stingray City Sandbar was a huge double decker boat so I'm guessing they would have room for your group. But with such a large group you could definitely hire a private charter all to yourself and get more of a customized experience. For instance, we really wanted to be dropped off at a beach after our tour but Carnival had to bring us back to the dock and we would have had to take a taxi back to the beach.

Archived