St. Johns, New Brunswick questions

I'm boarding the Carnival Glory August 30th from New York and the only port is St. Johns, NB. I was wondering what kind of excursions there are, and which ones are the best? Is there any exciting or historical places to see? Any shopping, good restaurants etc?

TheCruisingQueen

Past Cruises:

NCL Jewel Nov/2009

NCL Epic Mar/2011

RCCL Allure of the seas Sept/2011

Celebrity Equinox Mar/2012

Cruises Coming Up!:

Carnival Glory Aug/2012

Disney Fantasy Feb/2013

I'm boarding the Carnival Glory August 30th from New York and the only port is St. Johns, NB. I was wondering what kind of excursions there are, and which ones are the best? Is there any exciting or historical places to see? Any shopping, good restaurants etc?

TheCruisingQueen

Past Cruises:

NCL Jewel Nov/2009

NCL Epic Mar/2011

Cruises Coming Up!:

Carnival Glory Aug/2012

Disney Fantasy Feb/2013

The ship docks in the historical area known as Trinity Royal. There are lots of historical buildings and churches. You'll find excellent restaurants in renovated historical properties, including Thandi's, Churchill's, Saint John Ale House, Billy's Seafood, Magnolia Cafe, Alley Gria, Steamers and many more (just google name of restaurant followed by "Saint John"). All have menus online.

The main excursion is St Martins walking the sea floor at low tide. Check out http://www.freedomtours.com

Otherwise most stay right in city exploring what we call "Uptown" which is our downtown - rich in history and architecture.

Adventure excursions are zip lining and jet boat thrill rides through the Reversing Falls rapids a few minutes from ship. You will find some unique small business shops and galleries in the area too.

TheCruisingQueen

Past Cruises:

NCL Jewel Nov/2009

NCL Epic Mar/2011

Cruises Coming Up!:

Carnival Glory Aug/2012

Disney Fantasy Feb/2013

You will be visiting SAINT JOHN, New Brunswick .. and Carnival offers some wonderful shore excursions like the Big Pink Bus Hop On Hop Off which is a great way to see the City at your leisure. There is a lovely restaurant "Lily's" at the Lily Lake Pavillion in Rockwood Park that serves a great lunch. And $ 1.00 from every ticket sold goes to Breast Cancer Research.

Hope you enjoy your visit !

Archived