Mount Gay Rum Tour

newtocruisingcdn

I did a search on this website and found just a mention no details... Could someone please share some knowledge,,,,, is there a bus tour from the ship, is it cheaper to rent a cab..... my wishes are to tour the rum factory, maybe have flying fish and sit by a beach.... Thanks in advance

It's not far at all from the ship, you could probably walk there. The tour is pretty short, you start out at the bar, then they give you a history of rum making in Barbados, then a quick view of the bottling plant. Finally, you get to sample 3 of the rums (not the real expensive one, though) then a stop at the gift shop where you can buy some of the rum. Not a bad tour for the price, we enjoyed it.

Have you tried the Barbados specific forum? I read some posts there about different ways to get there. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124

And more detail about the tour itself in the TripAdvisor reviews. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147263-d147870-Reviews-Mount_Gay_Rum_Refinery-Bridgetown_Barbados.html

My Barbados cruise is still a year and a half away, but I'm already dreaming about it. :D

Archived