W/chair accessible cabins

We are booked on the Dawn Princess for Feb 2013 and have booked a HC cabin as husband is wheelchair bound after a stroke. I had to speak to them make sure the cabin we got has a left hand grab bar for the toilet.

Also on the Princess Webpage they have a box with terms of agreement when booking a HC cabin. This is our first holiday and first cruise since my husbands stroke, he is paralysed on his right side and I am so much looking forward to the break from cookin and cleaning.

ozgeordielass

256922844_agreementfordisabledcabin.jpg.8d7fe36e40c223f53fbca3ad588b5b9a.jpg

We are booked on the Dawn Princess for Feb 2013 and have booked a HC cabin as husband is wheelchair bound after a stroke. I had to speak to them make sure the cabin we got has a left hand grab bar for the toilet.

Also on the Princess Webpage they have a box with terms of agreement when booking a HC cabin. This is our first holiday and first cruise since my husbands stroke, he is paralysed on his right side and I am so much looking forward to the break from cookin and cleaning.

ozgeordielass

Based on the law that went into effect on January 1, 2012 ( read my other posts on this thread) the cruise lines have all had to initate this wording when booking an accessible cabin.

Hi ozgeordielass, interested to read your comments and Princess Cruises terms and conditions. Have travelled with Princess before and have never seen this. Must be as xxoocruiser has said and is due to the legislation that was introduced on 1 January 2012 to the ADA on American cruise lines. Does anybody know if this applies to American cruise liners leaving all ports not just those in America?

Hi ozgeordielass, interested to read your comments and Princess Cruises terms and conditions. Have travelled with Princess before and have never seen this. Must be as xxoocruiser has said and is due to the legislation that was introduced on 1 January 2012 to the ADA on American cruise lines. Does anybody know if this applies to American cruise liners leaving all ports not just those in America?

The USA Law that went into effect on 1/1/12 only applies to cruises originally departing from a USA Port.

Archived