Pelican Beach Resort, FLL

laurashelby

Trying to find someone with 4 to a room who has stayed at the Best Western Pelican Beach Resort in FLL. Was wondering how the 2 queen suites are arranged..and if the couch in the living room area is a bed as well. We'll have 2 rooms with 4 in each suite.

Thanks!

Laurashelby, have you looked at the Embassy Suites at all? We just booked a suite there and can comfortably fit 6 to a suite,I was told by their representative. 2 Queen beds and a sleeper sofa in the living room.They also have FREE shuttle service from airport to hotel and from hotel to the pier.I think the rates are pretty comparible to Pelican Beach.Just the free transportation makes it worth it.:) Jaxson

Thanks Jaxson....I was looking at them too...but couldn't find any info about the free airport shuttle and port shuttle or how many per room. I keep going back and forth between a beach hotel and something closer to the airport/port. We'll only be there one night and the Pelican is probably a bit too much for just one afternoon/evening! Thanks again, will look more into the Embassy.

Laurashelby, you are very welcome! I have a group of 2 couples and 1 other adult traveling together and we needed a place just for 1 night,pre-cruise.We all agreed that we could save a little money and room together in 1 suite and the woman on the phone said we could fit up to 6 adults in one suite.Their phone # is 1-954-760-7202 or you can book directly through their website www.embassysuites.com ,just put in the location as 17th St. Ft. Lauderdale.It is really a nice place and have heard nothing but good things about it and the price is great which includes all the extra perks.Even a free cooked breakfast the next morning.Good luck and have a great trip!! Jaxson:)

Sounds fabulous! I had checked out their website, but didn't see anything about the airport shuttle. With 8 people, taxis and transfers can get costly. We could get 2 suites instead of 4 hotel rooms this way and the free breakfast is a big help as well!

Laurashelby, when you go on to their website,put in the dates for your travel as if you were booking it,put in your preferences(2 beds) and it will only have a drop down window up to 4 adults.put that in and it will take you to the next page where it displays 3 different choices of 1)"Best available" 2)"Cruise Passengers" and 3)"Pet Friendly Suites" Choose "Cruise Passengers and it will show you all the available rooms and all the ammenities like Free Shuttle service from airport and to port. I had put in 4 adults even though we had 5, and after booking the suite,I called them directly to have them add on the 5th person for $20 extra dollars.That is when she told me they actually could fit 6 in a suite.But it really doesn't show the shuttle services until after putting in all the info for the "Cruise Passenger" suite,then it comes up with the room.It really looks like a beautiful Hotel and like I said, A free complimentary cooked breakfast, not just continental,free shuttle services and free drinks at happy hour during the managers reception, I think it said from 4-7pm on Fridays and Saturdays.You can't really beat that.Each couple in our group is putting in $120 and the fith person is putting in $80,I think those are great prices for this place,alot of the cheaper hotels are getting that much and more and they don't look as nice as this one.With all the free amenities,you are getting a great deal for one night,I think.If you need any more info, let me know.Jaxson:) If you don't want to do all this, after going to the website and choosing the 17th st ft Lauderdale location, the hotel comes up and the first paragraph starts with" Our Hotel" at the end of this paragraph, it says More.... click on the word more and all the amenities come up with a nice description of the suites and everything in them.:)

Awesome..thanks again! :) We all stayed at an Embassy on Maui and loved it. The evening cocktails were nice and the breakfast very good as well. I can't book it quite yet but will when I get the chance! (as long as everyone agrees!)

Jaxson,

It's between the Embassy and the LaQuinta at the airport. The LaQuinta has (on Tripadvisor) 5/5 stars with 12 reviews and the Embassy has 3/5 with 20 reviews...most of the bad ones being about rude employees and worn rooms. We will only be there for one night, so we could probably handle it just fine.

Both have free airport and port shuttles and free breakfast and walking distance to many restaurants.

Main Pro and con that come up are the 2 suites versus 4 regular rooms. It's 2 males and 6 females (2 of them teenagers!) and the thought of all having to get ready that next morning to get on the ship with only 2 bathrooms! :eek: Having extra bathrooms would be nice and not as crowded. Cost is about the same, with the LaQuinta 4 rooms being about $50 more...not that bad.

Anyhoo...we're mulling those 2 over and I appreciate all your help!:)

Laurashelby, just glad I could help,I know it gets overwhelming when looking at all the hotels and then you go on trip advisor and read some of those reviews and they are enough to scare you half to death!Hope everything works out for you and have fun!!Jaxson:)

Archived